/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI Downlink & Freefly HDMI Converter

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Drew Kachurak, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Hello -

We're switching to the Freefly HDMI converter and need to know how to connect it to a DJI video downlink? The HDMI converter should arrive this week from Quadrocopter.

Any insight or guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

Drew

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

There's a two wire (composite video and ground) connection for video out from the FF HDMI Converter. You'll need to make up some form of connection to the DJI video downlink -- I'm not sure what the connector will for that, I'm afraid.

Andy.

3. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Thanks Andy. I've been considering another downlink system - any suggestions?
    Thanks Andy. I've been considering another downlink system - any suggestions? Lawmate seems to be a forum favorite for performance and cost...

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Drew If you are flying the DJI then the IOSD from the literature gives you a flight overlay to the video signal. Similar to the SmartOSD used on the MK stack. You still need a transmitter and the Iftrons are considered by some to be top of the line both for quality and technical support. The IOSD does not have a transmitter which is a bit confusing looking at their skimpy information on their website. I didn't see a manual only a series of videos and none of them show a transmitter/receiver. Must be hidden behind the monitor.

6. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Thanks Gary. I'm going to make the switch to Iftron. Definitely the way to go.

7. Paul Christopher Greene

What is the range on the iftron mondo Xtreme?

Thx...

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

I did a line of sight ground test. Was still getting a usable signal at 1.5 miles. Line of sight, no obstructions, rural area, across a valley. IBCrazy Blue Beam antennas, Iftron Yellowjacket Recv.

9. Paul Christopher Greene

That's fantastic Gary. Is this an SD signal I take it? What kind of receiver / antenna system is required to make it work. I'm hoping to go with the new Paralynx Tomahawk system but it's a little spendy ;)

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member