/dist/images/branding/favicon

And so it begins....

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Max, There will be no superseding. We will be shipping in the sequence we received orders.

Thanks

Tabb

2. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Whats with the 3 days notice bit??? This is news to me!
    I'm also an international buyer and it'd be great to know what happened to the 2 weeks notice thats been stated for some time!

Regards
    Garry

3. Joseph Mullins

Joseph Mullins New Member

Yeah, if this three days thing is true, it could be problematic for those of us who use company cards, especially like miy card that is legendary for claiming b&h, only the largest broadcast electronics dealer in North America, is a fraudulent company and declining payment. especially when, up to this point, the only form of contact with freefly I have is an email address and a prayer. When we get our notice, do we get a phone number that actually reaches a person so that we can confirm that payments are in order and recieved properly?

4. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Have had two weeks confirmed. No panic.

5. Robert Marks

Robert Marks Member

IBC is coming. Will we see the Mövi there? I´d like to try it before buying the M10. I think this system has great capabilities for a lot of situations.

I like the updates it got since i´ve seen it at NAB but there are so many unanswered questions on the system now. I know silence is the only way to protect the system from the korean and chinese companies and if they get a Mövi in their hands they will build something that at least looks the same within no time. The software side is something different and this is where I want so see innovation from freefly.

Things like input dampening, delays etc. and drift stability are the interesting aspects that need to be mastered.

A few things would be nice to know:
    • Is the Mövi powerded by 3s or 4s? This is important for RED users because the Epic runs nice on 4s batteries.
    • How much does it weight?
    • What if I want to use Jeti or Futaba TX systems. I simply do not like Spektrum.
    • How does the App look like, what can it do.
    A small prediction I want to make is that we will see a price drop of the system within a year as soon as the other companies like DJI or Photohigher or some korean companies close up with their systems.
    I want to buy a Movi because I can make profit with it easily, but I need more information on the product.
    Best,

Robert

6. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Robert,
    in one of the images here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/and-so-it-begins.1954/#post-24504 I can see a 4s battery, that´s about all I can say.

In general, I think the silence isn´t good for freefly systems. It looks as if customer service isn´t much of a priority, no matter how hard they are currently working on getting devices shipped, and how hard they try to keep competition at distance. I´ve been asking for the possibility to buy spare parts and accessories (along with my preorder that I placed months ago) for ages. While other questions in the same thread were answered, these were "overread".
    I can´t believe freefly wants us to return the Movi every time there is a failiure or damage to it. Not only would it cost a fortune, but the bigger problem is planned shootings and assignments. Honestly, this just sucks, and I´m getting quite annoyed. They could at least honestly answer these questions and say: no, we are not giving out any spare parts. So we would know what to expect.

7. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

To a certain degree I agree with you Wolf.
    I'm also waiting, not only on delivery, but also on answers on accessories and also a warranty. For instance what does happen if something goes horribly wrong with a Movi thats not due to neglect or accidental damage. Is it covered or isn't it?? And for how long?? We're putting a lot of faith, trust and money into a company that an awful lot of us know very little about. Hopefully our show of trust isn't misplaced or we're in trouble!

If FF won't answer my question, it'd be great if one of the lucky recipients of an early delivery could kindly let me know. But I guess they're too busy playing with their new toy. :)

cheers
    Garry

8. Robert Marks

Robert Marks Member

Thanks Wolfgang!

All this reminds me a little of what RED did before shipping the Epic ;)

At least they shipped a proper camera finally.

I hope we will see proper data sheets soon. I wonder how many preorders there are for the M10.

Best,

Robert