/dist/images/branding/favicon

Why Am I Purchasing An M10 Instead Of An MR?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carey Lee Coffey, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Carey Lee Coffey

If the MR can both fly and be converted to go handheld, and the M10 can only go handheld, but they are both exactly the same price, then why am I not getting an MR instead of an M10? I still haven't received a satisfactory answer to this question. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks!

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

3. Carey Lee Coffey

Okay, so basically we don't know yet.

I'm concluding that both an MR-to-M10 conversion, and an M10-to-MR conversion, will cost exactly the same amount - we just don't know how much that amount will be yet. There are more questions than answers right now. I look forward to getting all the details. It does seem strange that there are was a "small batch" shipped already, but no details released.

4. Carey Lee Coffey

If the MR comes with handles and can be operated handheld upon shipping, then why the heck would anyone get an M10? I don't get it. I want an MR that comes with handles so I can convert it to an M10 for 15k. I'm going to have to change my order.

5. J Griffin Ricker

My understanding is the remote for a second operator comes with the M10 and not the MR. I could be wrong. Information in these parts is sketchy and subject to be completely the opposite of what you expected :(

6. Phil Macdonald

They have said this before. So essentially the MR comes with handles for handheld use however doesn't come with the included transmitter for dual operator use as most RC guys will have this already. The M10 however does come with a transmitter included and if you want the conversion over to 'MR' then will need to purchase the relevant parts.....the information is out there

7. Carey Lee Coffey

The information is out there... WAY out there.

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I didn't look hard the other day, just 2 threads down from yours to find the information... But it's out there in many places. http://www.movirig.com/collections/all is where each product is described. In the description is listed what is included in the shipment. Maybe that's "WAY out there"...

If you currently have a multirotor then it would make sense to buy the MR. Also, if you plan on attaching to a Multirotor in the future but plan on only operating in Majestic mode without dual operator capability until that time then you could get an MR version. I'm not sure the advantage in going that route. End result is you have the carbon landing gear hanging around and no dual operator capability out of the box.

9. Carey Lee Coffey

Sorry Brad, I think the problem is my lack of experience with all of these new products. I have no idea what a Multirotor is, nor do I get why the MR would come with the ability to be converted to handheld, but not have the ability to be controlled by a second operator. The whole thing is very confusing to me. No worries. I will just be patient and wait for Freefly to clarify my concerns in future announcements. I was just hoping to get a jump on their announcements LOL.

10. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Carey the reason the MR version doesn't come with the TX for camera control is that when used on an MR a lot of the operators are already setup with a TX since they have been using some type of gimbal system already for their aerial work. So they already have the equipment. And with the new design of the MR gimbal it will be plug and play to mount the MR to an existing Cinestar copter. Pull it off and add the handles and now you have the handheld using the same TX that was operating on the copter.