/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tuening of a Alexmoss 2axis gimbal help

Discussion in '2 Axis Gimbal' started by Jason Herring, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Does any know how to tune a Alexmoss gimbal? Wow I have spent more time trying to get this to work than building all my multirotors combined, Im using the sony nex 5 with 18-55 lens on a gothelirc gimbal

2. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

3. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Jason, one of my gimbal is also from gothelirc. Like you mentioned, it's time consuming and a lengthy process to calibrate it. Let us know if you got it done.

Thanks.

4. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

If you don't mind what lense are you using and what pid and power settings did you find to work? What camera settings did you find as far as shutter speed etc,
    Thanks so much , I just Keep getting a little vibration in the roll subtle , when I try to balance the roll it stays center in balance but wants to fall on the extreme right and left when you move it by hand, I don't know how to adjust the roll

5. Juha Knaapi

Juha Knaapi New Member

All you should need is here.

6. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Thanks for all the feed back, on the roll when I balance it , it wants to pendulum, I can't get it balanced on the roll. Any ideas? I might try the 16mm lens, but I think all the p I d settings will be off

7. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

My roll wants to fall at the extreme ends of the range of my brushless gimbal, any ideas on hot to stop it? It does it on both right and left on the roll,
    Pitch is good

8. Brandon Loeser

Hey Jason,
    Here is a picture of our brushless gimbal early on. But I've added arrows to the specific balance points. It sounds like your camera is sitting too high... either on the pitch (front) area or the back bar that runs along the roll motor is tilted up too high. I'd start with making the pitch perfect... then use that back bar to change the COG along the roll bar. I hope that makes sense.
    brushlessgimbalbalancepoints.jpg

9. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Thanks Brandon for all the info, I will give it a try this weekend shooting all week, I'm in LA as well,

10. Sean Haverstock

Yes, there is a ton of info on the internet but linking to 500 pages of drivel doesn't necessarily get him in the right direction.

Jason, it sounds like your vertical COG for roll is off. The two carbon fiber tilt tubes that jut out from the roll tube are actually adjustable, too. This will help sort out your vertical COG for roll. Same principles for all gimbals, so you can look at freefly or any gimbal balancing tutorial.

11. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Man I give up on that gimbal, I can't get rid of small vibrations , I adjusted the p I d , from allot of power to a little , balanced the crap out of it, what other company's makes a more plug and play gimbal for a sony nex camera?

12. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I think I have a bent motor that is very slight on the tilt, I think this could be the problem and a rough bearing, I ordered the parts and the new 3 axis, wish me luck, haha, has any one used the new extension board by Alexmos?