/dist/images/branding/favicon

Brushless conversion kits

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Frederic Landry, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Frederic Landry

Frederic Landry New Member

2. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

I recieved mine yesterday, I purchased the whole gimbal. Looks to be good quality product, bearings on all motor mounts. Grayson I believe the guy who owns the company was very helpful in answering any questions I had.

3. Katya Nelhams-Wright

I purchased one last week and have just put it together today and have it up and running with a martinez board and like Sam I am pretty impressed:)
    Kat

4. John Butkus

John Butkus Member

Will these motors work on FF modules or do they require other controls?

5. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

I'm waiting for my Alexmos board to come.

6. Peter Gøthche

I got it to! It works really well. But i have only tryed it with a GH3

7. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

Peter do you have any footage to share? I'm really interested in this conversion kit too, looks great.

8. Frederic Landry

I just don't trust this website, no address, no contact information, domain info is private, no email for questions... Where does it ship from?

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I had an extensive email dialog yesterday with the guy from BrushlessGimbals.com. He was very helpful. I haven't bought anything from him, but he definitely exists. Not sure what you're referring to. He's in Los Angeles.

Based in Los Angeles, CA BrushlessGimbals.com strives to be your one stop shop for everything brushless gimbals. We offer competitive pricing on a wide variety of top quality RC products. If you have any questions, email us at info@brushlessgimbals.com Thanks for visiting!

10. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

Would just love to see some footage shot with this conversion kit. I'm starting to get a little tired calibrating my servo/radian driven gimbal sigh :(

11. Frederic Landry

@Steve, good catch... I did not see that part on the bottom of the site.

12. Laza Randria

Laza Randria New Member

any news? planning to buy also, depends on your review

13. Frederic Landry

I have bought the 3-axis deluxe kit at brushlessgimbals.com with the new iflight 5208 pro motor. Should receive it around august 20.

Lauri Hakala likes this.
  14. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

Ordered the exact same set few days ago :)

15. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Lauri
    I did a quick flight test with mine last week with 2 axis alexmos board. The CS8 with WKM was not balanced for the new gimbal and I literally just slapped the dd gimbal on because I was impatient. I had dialled in some recommended setting from the forum and then tweaked a little on the bench and the results were astounding so I don't think you would be disappointed with the results if you did switch over. I was flying 5D Mark II with 16-35 lens so not the lightest DSLR config either.
    Kat

16. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

Great to hear! What capacity battery are you using powering the motors and alexmos, 4s or 5s?

17. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Lauri
    I was using 4S 5000 map just for the test as that was all I had to hand on the 4S front but now have some 4S 1000maps to try.
    Did put 3S on it and as others have suggested, it didn't hold quite as well with the 3S so 4S gave better results.
    No over heating on the alexmos and I powered it through a small power disto board.

18. Lauri Hakala

Lauri Hakala Member

19. Andrew Bailey

Andrew Bailey New Member

I have also just pulled the trigger on a 2 axis luxury conversion with the 5208 pro motors. I have had no issues with pan axis using the Radian, so I will stick with this. I do quite a bit of high speed work and I think that the motors available may not have the torque needed to stop the gimbal being turned by the airflow. All I have to do now is track down a Alexmos gimbal controller.

20. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

4mm CF and milled aluminum pieces? Or just flat pieces of CF and screws? A little bored with all of the FF clones...even my own. Refreshing to see Photoshipone and FreeFly's new design with the sturdy aluminum parts. These FF clones with all of the flat cf parts, although working very well as direct drive, are not very rigid when mounting heavy camera gear. There is some flexing at key points that translates back to the camera.