/dist/images/branding/favicon

Telemetry power tap

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Joe Azzarelli, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

For what it is worth...

I used an inexpensive 5v regulator from radioshack to provide power to the Spektrum telemetry transmitter and have the reference voltage sampling in the same spot. Two legs of the regulator fit nicely in any of the hole pairs of the distribution ring, the remaining leg ( 5v out ) sticking out horizontally. Not a biggie, but just thought having it all in one spot was more elegant.

Joe

power telemetry.jpg

2. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Joe,
    I use the Spektrum TM1000 also but I hooked it to the Flight Controller and the Power Dist board. Just remove the signal cable from the 3 wire that connects the TM1000 to the Receiver and connect the Red and Black to one of the servos output. By doing this you can monitor the output voltage that the servos are getting. And on the "voltage" connector I connect it to the Power Dist + and - to monitor the main Lipo.
    This saved me a dozen times especially because I program the DX8 alarm to a higher value than the MK low power, by this I got a "low fuel" alert before the "empty".

I hope this give you some ideas.

PS. Take a look at the your #8 BL-CTRL Motor Wires C and A. During a "wet" day they can get shorted with those "loose hairs". Please don't take this as a critic, but as a tip.

Cheers,

3. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Nice catch. I actually saw that myself when viewing this photo and have corrected it. ( My eyes alone are not so good at my age ) ;-)
    I appreciate any help I get and am never offended by such things, so thanks!

Joe