/dist/images/branding/favicon

Unsure which DSLR to go with

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Nick Squillace, May 9, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Tim

Have you taken stills from this camera? IF so with which lens? Have you printed any of the stills and do you think it will take quality 11X14's?

2. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

I haven't really tested it extensively. I have the 14-42 and 14-140. I would guess with proper lighting either of these lenses would make very nice 11-14 prints.

3. Nick Squillace

Nick Squillace New Member

Hey guys! Was looking around and was wondering if I could get some suggestion on best place to purchase GH3 and maybe suggestions on a good lens to buy? I wanna buy new or slightly used. Thanks!

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Nick, where are you located?
    I'm pretty happy with the 12-35 Panasonic lens. The OIS seems to work well, and it's nice and sharp.
    I bought mine used from another (local) user on FredMiranda.com. Good community over there.
    There aren't a lot of used ones in circulation. I got a smokin' deal on mine. :D

5. Nick Squillace

Thanks for the reply Steve!

Im located in Jacksonville, FL

Im now contemplating my options as because i still need to buy SD card, batteries, HDMI to CompVideo conerter for fpv, case (i already have a pelican 1600 for batteries and gear but will be getting another) I love the video on the GH3 but am considering a GH2 aswell. If i can do the GH3 reasonably with a good lens for aerials that's the route i wanna take for sure seen some awesome stuff done with it.

6. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

What hdmi converter do you recommend? The freefly one is expensive, any alternatives?

Nick consider the 1610 for its wheels.

7. Nick Squillace

Thanks Sam, I was actually just looking at that one.

Opinions.. is $900 good for GH2 with 14-42,lens hood, 3 batteries, chargers, assocaited cables?

8. Elliott Dunwody

Elliott Dunwody New Member

Steve,

What lens are you using on your GH3 airborne?

E

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

So far just the Panny 12-35. Don't have any other M43 lenses. Thinking about a real wide prime (mostly for stills), but not in a hurry. When I need real wide, I fly the 5D Mark III with the 17-40L. The Canon is still way better for stills, as those extra pixels help, and I think the stills from the Canon look much better.

Elliott Dunwody likes this.