/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Shipping Update

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jim Dahl

Jim Dahl New Member

We can do that ourselves. My order number is 1234.

2. Patrick St-Arnaud

Patrick St-Arnaud New Member

Sure, but they start at what number? #1000 I think. So Jim, if that's the case, you really are #234 on the production line.

The question is... How many units will they ship on Aug 15???

PStA

3. Jim Dahl

Jim Dahl New Member

But that's just an assumption. What's to say that they didn't start at 0000? What number are you? I'm trying to gauge where I stand in relation to other preorders.

4. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

If you are #234 you're out of luck. They only show 175 in stock. Maybe they will produce more by August 15th.

5. Jim Dahl

Jim Dahl New Member

And if you go to http://quadcopters.co.uk/freefly-movi-m10-700-p.asp it says they're completely out of stock. Based on how infrequent they release new information and update their website, I'm weary to trust any number without some sort of reliable source behind it. So instead of trying to guess how many there are or make assumptions based on unconfirmed data, I was merely suggesting a few people post their order number so others can see how they line up.

6. Patrick St-Arnaud

Patrick St-Arnaud New Member

Jim, I placed my order minutes after they became transactional on Wed 10/04/2013 at 4:44 AM. I hold #1056.

Does anybody out there hold a # below 1000?

Brandon Loeser and Jim Dahl like this.
  7. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

I´m at #1410, ordered on 25/05/2013. I´m not too optimistic to be within the first batch. Too bad, I would have had a dreamwedding at the end of August. But I can´t complain, I should have ordered earlier.

8. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

That´s great news: the first two points were exactly what I wanted to ask.

On a sidenote: I was following you on facebook and other sources and was hoping for an update by email. A short note here in the forums might not be what satisfies your customers who have already paid the deposit. Since good customer service will bring you a long way, it might be a good idea to keep people informed - a few minutes of your valuable time will easily pay off in the future.
    I too decided to go with the movi instead of copycats, one of the reason being was the hope for good support.

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Bill I think you misread the QC site. Pretty sure that Adam can confirm that the 175 number you see if for 'pre-orders' that are "available" to order. Crazy thing about ordering systems. You have to show a quantity in order to sell something and a 'pre-order' counts as a something. Just a guess but the number probably could have been 1000 or 1,000,000, just have to put something into satisfy the electrons.

And when I looked at it tonight what you said seemed to make sense until I looked at the description of the product.

10. Bill Collydas

Gary, about 3 or 4 weeks ago the site said 176, then it said 174 and now 175, ?????? why the change?
    Does this mean that someone got a refund?
    Bill

11. Carey Lee Coffey

12. Carey Lee Coffey

By the way, order number 1000 is actually number 1... So number 1234 is actually number 234 in line.

13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Bill just a guess. Someone canceled a pre-order with QC? Each of the distributors is also taking orders as is Freefly directly.

14. Phil Macdonald

I am with fosterfilm (incidentally you are going to get asked to use your real name sooner rather than later I imagine)....I think its great news that we have a shipping date and the improved specs over the original announced version sounds awesome but it would be great to get a rough estimate on shipping based on the order numbers we have.

For example im rocking a order number of #1252....I am truly hoping that does not mean there are 1251 people infront of me otherwise with the size of freefly I wonder if I would subsequently be waiting a while, maybe its worth asking if any of you wouldn't mind sharing your order numbers and the dates you ordered just so we can get an idea of how that structure is working.

Cheers,
    Phil

fosterfilm likes this.
  15. Phil Macdonald

Where are you guys seeing that there are 175 in stock by the way? regardless of its accuracy just curious....

16. Bill Collydas

17. Phil Macdonald

Ah I see....so im not really going to take anything from that. I think it is likely going to be something like someone earlier mentioned about they need to put 'something' there to declare it in stock, as its just the pre order....

This may however just be me wishing that there is nothing in that 175 as based on assumption that 1000 = 1 then im 252nd in line :)

Thanks anyways for the link Bill

Phil

18. Carey Lee Coffey

Guys, as I mentioned earlier, subtract 1000 from your order number, and the number you are left with is your place in line. For example: I am order number 1037 which means I am number 37 in line.

19. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

The anticipation reminds me of Christmas

Phil Macdonald likes this.
  20. Phil Macdonald

you have done alright for Christmas presents in the past huh ;) or were they just super expensive socks and knitted jumpers....