/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Shipping Update

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Phil Macdonald

Hi,

Does anyone have any updated information on potential shipping dates for the M10? It was obviously mentioned at NAB that Q3 was the planned release but we are upselling the potential of this product and ranting and raving about how it could be useful for clients projects etc and Q3 is a little vague for us, as that obviously covers Jul/Aug/Sept.

Any information anyone has on this it would be hugely beneficial :)

Cheers,
    Phil

2. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Phil, Update coming in the next few days. Thanks for your patience!

Tabb

3. Phil Macdonald

Lovely stuff!!

Cheers Tabb,

Phil

4. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Competition is coming thick and fast, this one from Sweden;

/Janne

5. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

Tabb,

I'm hoping that there is a good marketing campaign coming along with the rigs.
    As I'm sure you are well aware of name recognition goes a long ways is selling a product. It's true the competition is coming on strong, and at a huge price diffrence, but if done right, they will all be using the term "As good as a MoVI".

I have committed to the MoVI and it will be my job to market it's use to my clients and others. Hopefully Freefly, and the MoVI ops to come, will create and maintain the "Gold Standard" for camera gimbals.

Jeff

6. Leopoldo Tamargo

Very much looking forward to it. I have way too many people telling me about this one is cheaper and this other one is "just like" the Movi. I've already had more then a few people ask me when it would be available,

Is there any additional information available regarding specs as well as info on converting M10 to Helicopter gimbal or converting MR to M10 form factor? What is gained and what might be lost in terms of capability or adjustment?

7. Andrew Griffiths

Hi Tabb,
    Any updates?
    Cheers
    Andy

Phil Macdonald likes this.
  8. Wes Greene

Wes Greene New Member

Hi Tabb, Imagine many keen to hear the latest MOvi update before pre-orders start on Defy etc

Look forward to it
    cheers
    wes

9. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Like you Phil, I'd love to find out some news on likely delivery times.

I placed an order and was keen to pick the unit up when I'll be in the US in September [I'm from Australia], but have been told pick ups aren't possible, which I find rather odd. As September falls into the stated Q3 delivery time frame, I thought it'd be fine, but apparently not so.

I've tried to phone them between 3.30 and 4pm a couple of times, as I need to ask some questions, but can't get anyone answer, which is frustrating. If anyone has any info on delivery and the best time and/or number to call them on it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Garry

10. Phil Macdonald

My only concern is that there is a similar situation to the blackmagic camera, in that demand was unexpected and struggling to keep up with supply, with the number of carbon copies expected to come out and the price difference between them although I still prefer the MoVI in features its getting increasingly difficult to upsell the MoVI as potential options for future projects that are in discussion in because I can't tell the client in any certainty when we may have it in hand.

I appreciate that everyone at Freefly is working very hard getting these units together but I don't need a fancy video announcing a release date, just a quick reply on a forum post giving a more concrete date than at some point in a 3 month period.

It was suggested that an update would be appearing in the next few days but unfortunately that was 10 days ago now....

Many Thanks,
    Phil

Brandon Loeser likes this.
  11. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Tabb.
    like Phil and others I'd really like to get more concrete information on delivery of my order. I'm also concerned that after paying my deposit, I don't get responses to emails with questions, and I've also called your office on 3 occasions without anyone answering. Whats going on there??

Regards
    Garry

12. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Sorry guys, we had to push back the update. It is being released tomorrow night pacific time.

Don't worry no Black Magic camera situation. We are ahead of schedule and I think you all will be happy with the launch date.

Also sorry for taking longer then we should to get back to you. We are scaling the team rapidly to try and keep up with the overwhelming interest in the MōVI. I will say the team is 100% focused on hitting our launch date and getting these into your hands.

Thanks for your patience, much appreciated.

Tabb

13. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Thanks for the update Tabb. I'm glad that things are on schedule and will look forward to learning of the release date.

I still have some questions, which I've outlined in emails, and as yet haven't had a reply to. I've tried calling your office but get no response. Is there a number I can call to discuss these questions?? I'm in Australia so the time difference makes calling at different times of the day difficult.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Garry

14. Phil Macdonald

Likewise, I appreciate the update and glad to hear things are on track :)

Garry, maybe it's worth raising some of these points on the forum, I've asked a number of questions since the MoVI was announced and so may be able to help on some points and even on the issues I can't answer then it may be something I hadn't thought of and prove an interesting response.

Don't moan too much about living in Australia....it's like sunny ALL the time, in the UK we are currently in our 2 week summer!!

Cheers,
    Phil

15. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Phil.
    I'll never moan about living in Australia as its a wonderful country, its the time difference to you Europe and the US that can be awkward sometimes. And its not really sunny all the time, but I wish it were. Winter at the moment with a temp range of 3-15 today.

Apart from the unknown delivery date, one of my other concerns relates to final payment, which I'd like to organise soon due to our dollar being pretty "fragile" at present and looks like dropping further against the US dollar. I've asked Freefly if I can pay by Bank Draft asap, which has a better exchange rate than wire transfers, and if I do it soon, will save me quite a few buck when/if the dollar slips as its expected to do. But I haven't had confirmation from Freefly to say the bank draft is ok. Also to organise a draft my bank needs Freefly's address, which doesn't appear on their web site, or btw their phone number. I've asked them for these details, but as yet got nothing. So I resorted to contacting one of their distributors and had success that way.

Like you I'm keenly waiting to find out a more realistic delivery date. I'm going to be in LA in September on other business matters and wanted to swing by Seattle and pick up the Movi while I'm there, but they don't do customer pickups. Can't quite understand why, but obviously theres a good reason for it. But its not a big issue for me, as I'll get it sent to my associates place in LA and get it while I'm there.

My other questions were about training and warranty. I've since had an email from Megan Fogel from Freefly who explained that there will be an instruction manual and videos [presumably online] available with delivery. They are currently drafting the warranty and it will be posted online in the coming weeks prior to delivery.

Tabb says there will be a release regarding delivery dates tonight. So for now its back to the waiting game.

regards to all.
    Garry

16. Mark Pugh

Mark Pugh New Member

Tabb? You there?

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Mark:
    Tabb's pretty busy right now (as you might imagine) so he only gets to spend time on the forum every few days.
    Andy.

18. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Andy, I think Mark was commenting on Tabb's assertion that a news update was to be posted last night, and wasn't. Look a few posts back.

19. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hey guys, late night technical difficulties forced us to push back. The pertinent part of the announcment for M10 customers is that the rig starts shipping Aug 15th in the sequence orders were received and has been improved substantially.
    • Tool less balancing of the camera
    • enlarged to fit larger payload (can fit EPIC with side handle now)
    • Improved structure to handle more weight if needed ~12lb load
    Anyway really sorry to keep you all waiting, the good news is they start shipping soon!

20. Ben Foster

Ben Foster New Member

That's great news. Will there be a way for us to view our position in the shipping queue?

Martin RIley and Phil Macdonald like this.