/dist/images/branding/favicon

slew-only module

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Joe Azzarelli, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

John/Tabb
    Any thought of producing a (less-expensive) module with no stabilization? Basically to provide 2 additional servo outputs that can be added to the chain.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Joe:
    Do you mean in addition to the Aux ports on the Radians? So a "Radian" module that merely breaks out two additional PWM ports?

Andy.

3. Joe Azzarelli

yes, in addition to the one-aux-per-radian. I am not sure what for, just thinking about it. ;-)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. I wonder whether this S.bus decoder would do what you need. It breaks out the S.bus to drive three PWM servos.

Andy.

5. Joe Azzarelli

Andy
    That would work, but it means another software interface and is it compatible?, does power pass through?, yada yada. (It may be all very simple but I am not an expert in all the R/C stuff). I was thinking more like someone who wanted just roll stabilization but slew and tilt control and, say, camera control in a daisy-chained compatible product.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Joe:
    True, the Futaba software would require another software interface to learn.
    As to whether it's compatible, well, it is made by Futaba who created the S.bus. And the Radians already speak S.bus.

As to not being an expert in R/C stuff, well, I'm afraid we all are now! <evil grin>

The downside with the present Radian system, as I think you were alluding to, is that it will provide up to three PWM outputs, but they are not daisy chained -- you have to run three servo cables, one from each Radian sensors' port 2 (which means you cannot use the Radians with PWM receivers), over to your camera control. I'm imagining a camera control exists out there with three servo inputs -- I only have use the Strato Snapper and the MK IR Trigger -- and both of them only use two.

I understand where you're going with the idea -- right now, I suspect the "cleanest" solution would be for someone to develop an S.bus compatible camera controller. Then you would plug that in to port 3 of the nearest Radian servo. Of course, such a camera controller would need it's own software interface that you'd have to learn.... :( It's not getting easier, is it?

Andy.