/dist/images/branding/favicon

Showing Off a Dual and Single Operator Setup

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Josh Lambeth, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Took me a day to make this all work (and had to go buy a new Satellite Receiver since my other one died :mad: ), but I got it all working! It's a REALLY cool setup and the only thing I have to do in order to fly as a single operator is unplug the pan servo and ziptie the pan axis in-place so it can't move while in the air. Anyways... check it out!

Josh

Morgan Friedland likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice.
    Good idea to zip tie the pan axis otherwise it swivels all too easily, doesn't it?. I might be tempted to use Velcro cable ties rather that zip ties, though -- I think they'd be strong enough to stop the pan axis from rotating. What do you think?

By the way, that first audio impulse in your logo sequence comes out through my Genelec near field monitors so loudly that my coffee cup and teeth rattle. :)

Also, which Hitec servo are you using for your flip down antenna, please?

Andy.

3. Josh Lambeth

Yes I do think that the velcro will work. Ill probably end up using that as well... cheaper and easier since no tools are required. :D

The servo is a Hitec HS-81. Work's great!

Sorry about making your teeth Rattle ;) We like to shake things up a bit here at BEP!

Josh

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Josh. Truth be told the first time I played the new logo video, I had the gain on the Genelec's set way too high. That low frequency pulse parted my hair and set the neighbors dog two houses away into ballistic mode..... I now know to turn the gain down to -55dB when I play any of your videos. :)

Andy.

5. Josh Lambeth

Just did a flight today now that everything is switched over and man what a difference from before! :D I haven't even set the gain on the pan radian (just wanted to fly) and just did a quick setup on the tilt and roll and the camera flys so stable now! Much better then I was ever able to get before.

The dual operator/single operator setup is pretty cool too. Still need more practice and tuning... which will happen tomorrow. I also will be testing my new battery tomorrow so I'll see what my flight times are. Im guessing around 10min with a 5DMKII.

Josh

6. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi Josh, would mind sharing the adjustments so the gimbal does movements slowly. it was just on the tx or it has some adjustments on the raidian
    Cheers
    Ok got it . on slew raidian or travel on radio

7. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Josh. Looks really good. Probably a silly question but I am using Futaba s-bus for my main control. Before I launch off and buy a second rx would that work for one man operation? Am using Spectrum satellite receiver for 2 man.
    Thanks
    Katya

8. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

2 FASST S-bus receivers works fine at the same time with one tx if that's what you asked.

9. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Thanks KariY
    I'm not very familiar with futaba S-bus. I have Futaba R6208SB as my flight control receiver. Can I use something on the gimbal like the Futaba R6203 or does it need to be the exact same model?
    Katya

10. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

Hi Katya,

I'm using exactly that combo with T8FG, 6203SB for FC and 6208SB for gimbal and works like charm. I have have spare T8FG set with new sbus2 receiver 6308SB which i haven't tested yet.

11. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Thanks, I'll get on the case and order one tonight:)

12. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Josh I got a similar set up as you, CS8, CS 3 axis gimbal, 3 Radiants, Mx-20 and GR-24 for flight, DX8 and satelite for gimbal I just bought the GR-12 for the tilt on a single op, you mention in the video that Tab and team set it up, and you did the rest on the transmitter
    Q can you help me set up mine any sugestions really apreciated

13. Josh Lambeth

JLO,
    Yes I can help you out. Maybe Ill throw together another video showing the settings in MK Tools, Radian, and on the MX20. Basically it came down to having to re-assign all the channels on the MX to allow everything to work correctly. Took me almost 2 days of tweaking with it to get it correct. I still need to setup a switch to be able to take a picture using just the MX20 radio. Right now I can't do that.

Josh

Morgan Friedland likes this.