/dist/images/branding/favicon

Stills with Sony 760 at night

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Dave King, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Has anyone taken stills with the Sony 760 at night? If so what settings are you using?

Thanks in advance.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I've been super unimpressed with the stills from that camera. I like the video, though. :)

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I tried it in daylight and agreed with Steve pretty bad but depends on you usage. Night would probably be worse I would imagine.

4. Dave King

I'm pretty surprised at the feedback. I know its not a Canon DSLR but I found it to be pretty good at least for the applications that I am doing which is mainly web. I did print out 8X10's and they looked great too. I showed the pictures to the photo faculty at my school and they were really impressed that I got these out of a camcorder. I know that the camera isn't going to cut it for larger prints but it's good for what I need. Here's some shots I took over the last month (down res'd for size)

DSC00368web.jpg

DSC00422web.jpg

DSC00217-1.jpg

DSC00492s.jpg

Attached Files:

Zach Beggs likes this.
  5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Those look really nice, Dave. Maybe I should give it another shot. Did you do anything special with the camera's setup? And these do appear to be slightly sharpened in post, right?

6. Dave King

HI Steve

Thanks! The only thing I do with the camera is run it in manual focus mode. One thing I will preface is that I have the newer PJ-760 which is supposed to be the exact version of the CX-760 but just with a projector. I don't know if any improvements are made or not. Yes I do a bit of post production cleanup so I do admit its not raw like that coming out of the camera. In Photoshop I modify the curves a little for contrast, add about 3% saturation, and add a little green to make the trees, fairways and greens pop! I just figure who cares if tts coming out of the camera like that raw or if I just clean up a little in post. I normally have to crop anyway regardless.