/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Spares

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Dave Halton, May 18, 2013.

1. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Aye up its a long time since I was on here and I see the community has grown a tad.

The main reason for my absence was a fire which totally destroyed 30 yeras for my life including all but two machines that thankfully not in it. However I lost all my tools cameras everything and with it my Radian programming dongle and connector cable, along with a couple of Radians.

I have a Radian on my AV130 that has worked so perfectly I have never needed to touch the settings, however I seem to have develloped an occasional twitch and even though I have rewired everything I still get it.

So I need a dongle and programming cable anyone got a spare one I can buy or can someone from freefly tell me where I can get one.

Dave Halton

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave I remember reading about your fire elsewhere. That was so unfortunate. Any dealer can order a replacement dongle for you. Int the US I thing they are $25. Maybe someone has them but not just up on their web shop.

3. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Thanks Gary
    Believe me I have looked but cant find um listed anywhere, Dealers in the UK seem reluctant to make such a small order as the cost is going to be huge as they all seem to be holding off ordering more Radians at he moment.. Geoff at QC.co.uk would get me one but only next time he is going to place an order which right now he cannot tell me when.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ayup, Dave.
    I've got goosebumps on my arms at reading about your story. That is indescribable. I trust nobody was physically injured (doubtless the psychological scars will be there). I daren't even contemplate whether you had insurance....

Let me contact JohnC, the Radian designer and see what he can do. He's up t'North too.
    Andy.

5. John Cunningham

Hey Dave,

Sorry about the fire. It's a small consolation, but I have a Freefly dongle you can have : I don't use it any more.

Send me your address and I'll ship it next week. Not that you'll be flying much if your weather is like ours in East Yorks.

JohnC.

Dave Halton likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, JohnC:
    As they say in the local parlance in the USA: You da man!

Andy.

7. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Many thanks chaps.. here is a spot the ?

cioax.JPG

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ooof. What an awful sight....

I never realized that you had a bicycle powered Cinestar. Ingenious.

Anyway, glad that two Yorky's (JohnC and me) could help a Lanky! Keep us posted on the recovery operations.

Andy.

9. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Thanks John.. Much appreciates Ill PM ypu.
    I was filming just out side Richmond a couple of weeks ago for the National Trust..

Would be good to catch up next time I am up there, its going to be a four seasons promo so ill be upt that way again in the not to distant future.

Dave

10. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

@ Andy, John Cheers, from a Lanc!

It was Total and I mean Total!

DSC00201.jpeg It was Total and I mean Total!

11. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Dave, terribly sorry to read this and the photos makes it even more hard. Do you know the cause? Gladly no one was hurt. You'll be back flying in no time at all!

12. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Thanks Howard. Its over four months ago now but unfortunately the insurance company are dragging there feet. Even though there is asbestos contamination they still have not sent the clear up team in.
    The only person hurt was me.. i foolishly tried to grab stuff in the blaze and got burnt hands but there OK now.

The forensics people could not pinpoint anything in particular, but pointed fingers at a possibly a rouge lipo.. the fire was so intence it melted my mountain bikes so I guess it was always going to be hard to pinpoint anything in particular. Guess we will never know. One thing that did come out of the forensic inspection is the guy said chip pan fires where now not the #1 cause of house fires in the UK anymore. #1 culprit.... mobile phone chargers and Laptops left on charge over night!

Let that be a warning!

Dave

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Owt else I can do for you? Let me know.
    Total is the word for it.

Interesting that chargers and laptops are now the leading cause....here's the data for the USA (albeit for 2011):

In 2011, U.S. fire departments responded to 370,000 home structure1 fires. These fires caused 13,910 civilian injuries, 2,520 civilian deaths, $6.9 billion in direct damage.
    • [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
      [SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial]
      [COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial]
      [COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial][URL='http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Research/USHomeFires05.pdf'][U][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial][IMG]http://www.nfpa.org/assets/images/Research%20and%20Reports/homestructure05.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#000000][SIZE=12px][FONT=arial]Fact sheet: [URL='http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/Homesfactsheet.pdf'][U][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial]home structure fires in the U.S.[/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/URL] [COLOR=#000000][SIZE=10px][FONT=verdana](PDF, 51 KB)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

92% of all civilian structure fire deaths resulted from home structure fires.
    • Cooking is the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries.
    • Kitchens are the leading area of origin for home structure fires (42%) and civilian home fire injuries (37%).
    • Only 4% of home fires started in the living room, family room, or den; these fires caused 24% of home fire deaths.
    • Seven percent of reported home fires started in the bedroom. These fires caused 25% of home fire deaths, 20% of home fire injuries, and 14% of the direct property damage.
    • Smoking is a leading cause of civilian home fire deaths.
    • Home structure fires peak around dinner hours between 5:00 and 8:00 pm.
    • Almost two-thirds (62%) of reported home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
    • Most fatal fires kill one or two people. In 2011, 12 home fires killed five or more people. These 12 fires resulted in 67 deaths.
    1Homes are dwellings, duplexes, manufactured homes, apartments, townhouses and rowhouses.

-----

I wonder why laptop and phone chargers aren't mentioned? Could it be a 240 volt issue?

Andy.

14. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Strange owd world.. I guess statistics can be read a million different ways. For me I would rather not be in the figures!

Off to bed... weather permitting I have dandelions to film tomorrow!

Dave