/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help me with my Radian

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Daniel Zhao, May 10, 2013.

?

Help me with my Radian

1. adad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. adad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. adad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well done, Daniel....you beat Windows into submission!
    And Gary's absolutely right on what to do.

Andy.

2. Daniel Zhao

Daniel Zhao New Member

SORRY I don't ger it. I use Futaba R7008SB receiver. Can you show me the steps for setting the control of tilt angel during flying? A video or pics will be much helpfuyl!

3. Daniel Zhao

Daniel Zhao New Member

When i check the input channel monitor ,all the channels are 0%,isn't that wired??

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Daniel:
    For the next stage of debugging, we need to understand how you have things connected up.
    Can you copy and paste this next section of text into a new message and edit it to show us your wiring:

---Cut the following lines and paste into a new message --
    Connections: Change these to match your setup -- tell us what you have connected to each Port, please:
    Roll Sensor:
    Port

Tilt Sensor:
    Port

--End Cut

Other things to check:

1. I'm not sure what transmitter you are using but I'll assume it's a Futaba 8FG or equivalent.
    Can you therefore go to the Servo Monitor window (page 54 of the 8FG manual) on the transmitter and make sure that the controls on the transmitter are controlling the correct control on the transmitter is indeed control the RC channel you want to control tilt on the gimbal.

2. Can you also confirm that you have correctly "bound" the transmitter and the receiver -- Futaba calls this "linking" (see page 26 of the manual).

3. Which RC channel are you planning to use to control the gimbal tilt please?

Let's start with that and either Gary or I will respond further once we know the answers to the above.

Andy.

5. Daniel Zhao

Daniel Zhao New Member

radio: FUTABA 14SG ,receiver:R7008SB
    This radio is specific control the GIMBLE as the craft is controled by my friend.So I need to maxmize the control of the gimble

Roll Sensor:
    Port
    1. s.bus line to receiver
    2.none
    3. s.bus line to Tilt Sensor
    4. Roll servo

Tilt Sensor:
    Port
    1. s.bus line from roll
    2.none
    3.none
    4.Tilt servo

monitor when connect to tilt sensor
    3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Daniel.

So right now you have RC Channel 5 controlling the Gimbal Mode (which can be set to Off, Stabilized (but fixed position), or Stabilized Slew.
    However, you need to use a second channel for actually moving the tilt. Currently the way that you have the Radian tilt sensor programmed, that is set to channel 2. Channel 2 is the right hand stick moving backwards and forwards.

When you operate Switch SC, it looks like you see the Servo monitor on the Transmitter changing channel 5.

If I understand you correctly from your earlier posting, you are not seeing either channel 2 or channel 5 moving on the Radian Software's Input Channel Monitor. That is because your connection from the Receiver to the Tilt Sensor has a problem. If you look in the Radian Diagnostic window, just to the right of the big Connect button, there are three checkboxes -- these are status indicators not something you set.

The Radian has not set any of those, which is telling me that the Radian sensor is not seeing the Sbus signal from your Futaba receiver.

What I do not know is why this is happening. The most likely cause is either a wiring error (perhaps a servo cable installed the wrong way around)? The signal pin on the Radian sensor is the column of pins closest to the printed label with the port numbers on it.

The next possibility is that your receiver is not receiving signals from your transmitter because it has not been correctly linked. So you will need to try and re-link it.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

7. Daniel Zhao

Daniel Zhao New Member

ANDY

Thanks very much for your help,it's the receiver's problem as I change radio to 8FG and receiver to 6203SB, the checkboxes status indicators S.BUS now.

However, when i move the stick of channel 2 to control the slew or channel 3 to control AUX, the Gimbal doesn't react or move at all. Why is that? what else do I have to do to make the control possible?

1.jpg

By the way, what deos SLEW and AUX do exactly? I'm not pretty sure i understand. Really appreciate your patience!!
    2.jpg

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Daniel:
    Slew, in this context, means to move (often in a rotary motion)....so slew for tilt means tilt! :)

The Aux port on the Radian is a PWM RC port -- the Radian is kind enough to decode the S.bus data stream and break it out into a PWM stream that you can use to drive another servo, or a camera control. Think of "Aux" meaning "Extra RC channel coming out of the Radian."

So now the issue is why if you move the stick for Channel 2, why does the servo for tilt not move?

If you are trying to tilt with the setup show in your screen captures above, it will not work.
    Why not? Because I can see from the position of the little slider in the Diagnostic window that the "Mode" control is "Stabilized fixed." The gimbal is stabilized but you will not have radio control of the tilt or pan.

You need to operate the switch that controls the Mode channel (channel 5), so that the slider in the Diagnostic window for the Mode control moves to the right above the green area. Then you are in the Mode called Stabilized Slew (which means the gimbal is stabilized and you have control over the tilt and pan slewing operation).

So try that and let me know.

If that does not work, can you post some images of the Radian tilt sensor showing the connections in ports 1-4....I'm just trying to eliminate possibilities and would like to check the wiring.

Thanks
    Andy.

9. Daniel Zhao

Daniel Zhao New Member

Problems solved, Thanks again!!

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Can you tell us what the problem was so other forum members can understand if they have the same problem, please?

Thanks
    Andy