/dist/images/branding/favicon

CS8 HL with Herkules III and settings

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Sedric "Zellevision" Sari, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Hi guys.
    Just done my CS8 build (upgrade from my CS6) and need some advice.
    • CS8 with 55 booms
    • Tiger MT3515-12 motors
    • MK FC 2.1, Nav and GPS. (ver 0.90d / 0.30a)
    • Graupner MC32/GR32
    • Herkules III ESC
    • Running 6S lipos
    • 15/4.7 gemfaun wood props (for test, will be running on xoar wood 16/5)
    • About 8kg with 1 lipo (8000) and CX730

Modified 3-axis gimbal with dual legs for higher clearence
    Radian X3.
    2 X 4 arm pan plates (only one in use atm).
    HL convertet
    4 X dampners active with blue rings, have 4 more mounted but not attached (no screws), they are for have cams.

Made maiden today and have some Q's I need help with "tank-settings".
    Wind about 5m/s, temp around 10celcius.

The lift and flying is quite ok but overall very turbulent movement, jittery and kinda hopping. More when descend and some when climb. Level flying is quite ok, but when hovering its like to nervous.
    I've been doing alot of MK settings, and have so now to, but cant put my finger on the right values to work with.

What I want to achieve is a not wind sensitive tank!
    Ideas?
    Zellevision_CS8_HL_20130421.JPG Zellevision_CS8_HL_Gyro_20130421.JPG

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sedric try going back more toward standard. P/I/D of 100/120/25 I forget what stand D is, i think it might be 20 but I use 25 on my CS8. The P/I is standard at 100/120. Only other change might be to bump up the Dynamic Stability. Perhaps try 70.

Other item might be you are overpowered for the amount of load. What is your throttle setting at on the 0-255 scale when you are in hover?

3. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Thx Gary. Will try that too. These values I have are quite close to my CS6 settings, which was almost dead calm in the air. But ofcourse its whole different mashine now.

Overpowered you say, hmm... thats nice :) Kinda guessing but its just above the middle, and my min to max is 8-220, and hover is just above mid-stick. 130-140'ish.

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Mine was jumpy too. Lower your PID's Mine are 105, 100, 12. Also increase the Dynamic to 70 like Gary said. Try that out and see how it does.

Josh

5. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Thanks Josh, will do and get back here... 9:40 pm now, and 3celcius outside.. I think Ill skip it today and check out lakers vs spurs instead ;)

6. Josh Lambeth

Thats cold! It's 85*F here today and gorgeous! I should be out flying! HAHA

Josh

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sedric I'm surprised that you are over mid point on hover with those motors and props. What is your all up weight? Josh where are you on throttle? While different than using the Herkules boards I would think you have similar power output.

8. Josh Lambeth

Im just over half way on mine as well... reason I think is the converter is loosing some of the power... It just seems like the copter has an odd power curve... Still works and flies but just doesn't feel as linear as it did with the MK BLs.

Once I have the Synaps FC we will know for sure. :D

Josh

9. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Should be the same here, just above mid. Just weighed and with 1 FF 6S 9000 lipo and CX730 its 7960 gram = 17.51 Lbs. But still, I dont have 0-255 (247) in MK settings, min gas 8, max gas 220, that could explain why.

10. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Ok, did couple of flights today, but still very unstable. I worked some with the gyro settings. Gyro D from 10-28, but higher values gave me even more nervous machine. I got P at 100, and I at 120. Dynamic at 70. Maybe I shoud reload defaults on everything and start all over again...

11. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Sedric,

Changes in Proportional (P) will effect the way the FC reacts on the effective height difference...the difference in altitude between two points. Changes in the Derivative (D) will effect the way the FC reacts on the rate/speed of ascending or descending between these two points.

More infos in the Wiki: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/fr/MK-Parameter/Zusammenfassung-Erläuterungen?highlight=(PID)

Also some infos on YouTube:

Greetings,
    Adam

12. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Thanks Adam. Those vids was new to me, quite cool. But the www, no english, and translation to Swedish or English realy sucked :) How ever.. As I get it, from these very good videos, th P should be low, the I some where in the mid parts, and the D higher... I think I have to get the ACC values here to.. Even other props.... not happy, not all atm.

13. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Sedric,

Yes, this link will be in German. If you open the link up in Google Chrome it will auto translate to English.

Greetings,
    Adam

14. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

15. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Today I reloaded all the defaults, and started all over again. Changed the props to APC plasic 14/4,5 for testing. At moment Im at:
    P:110
    I:100
    D:8
    Dynamic: 67
    Gyrostab:7

Its very windy, but still it was a huge difference. Had to call it for the day, was "whining" in the trees, no good for test and config-flying. :)

Seems like Im on something here.

16. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Sedric, Did u make it fly?

17. Errol Vaes

Errol Vaes New Member

Hello Sedric,
    Can you let us know your final result. I have the same problem.

18. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Bo and Errol.
    Sorry late reply to this.
    Yes Bo, i flew, but like crap! So guys, I did like the most of us, changed to DJI A2. Flyes much better and more stable. Dont have more then 40 hour-ish in air, and at the moment its parked, dont know really what I will use it for, coz the tv-jobs are running on another platform :) Seems like we will redo it for some special HL jobs doh...