/dist/images/branding/favicon

Differences between MR and M10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Phil Macdonald, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Phil Macdonald

Hi,

I, like most of you guys I am sure have been scouring the internet as of late for information about various new products at NAB and none have got our attention more than the Movi, I think it is a fantastic product with huge potential in so many different arenas. We are keen to make a preorder but put simply are undecided currently on exactly which model to go with. We have emailed Tabb a few questions but totally understand he probably fancies a bit of sleep after NAB so thought I would just try the forums to see whether you guys can help also.

Predominately we are looking at the difference between the M10 and the MR. As a business we primarily shoot corporates, docs, tv and some film here and there but we are looking to expand into aerial filming as well and offering this as a service. Being UK based this can be tricky to get excited about with the fact that in April we seem to still be deep in winter but would eventually like to be flying the Movi under the Cinestar Heavy Lifter.

1) what are the key differences between the two models

2) Tabb mentioned the M10 is a little heavier than the MR but easier to setup....I presume this is something to do with balance etc but some clarification around here would be awesome.

3) If we bought the M10 would we still in essence be able to fly this, perhaps with just a little reduced flight times because of extra weight?

4) Does anyone have any idea how much the Heavy Lifter may come in at and when it may be launched?

5) Where on gods green earth can I get one of those little buggies to drive this gimbal around like a small child!!!!

Any help is hugely appreciated,

Many Thanks,
    Phil

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Phil:

I'm not sure we (the moderators) have all the facts to be able to answer your questions....they're all valid questions, but the week after NAB it's hard to give you solid answers. Hang in there, please. There's too many folks with the same level of interest not to get answers for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Phil Macdonald

Ah for sure, I totally get that :) I hope I am coming across as excited rather than annoying :p These forums at least provide a great place to discuss the opportunities that these machines can provide and I for one think that Freefly's reputation and profile will raise substantially following these announcements :) exciting times for sure!!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Not a problem....you most certainly were not coming across as annoying. It's just that we're in an information desert right now as far as these new products are concerned and, if the guys from FF who developed these new products for NAB have any sense, they're probably all lying face down on their sofas for the next few days....a well earned rest. :)

Andy