/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan radian stabilization question

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Dave King, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

When I am in stabilized mode (no slew) I have my roll and tilt radians solid green but my pan radian blinks slowly. My pan radian goes go solid green in stabilized slew mode. I thought that if the radians blink it meant they are not in slew mode. Can anyone confirm if someone isn't correct?

For pan settings I"m using the following
    Slew 1
    Mode 5
    Aux off
    Servo pulse rate 400
    Type 1520 us
    gain 40%
    Max rate 25
    Angle trim 0
    I confirmed that when I downloaded the radian info that it is set for Pan-1

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you connect up to the Pan Radian and take some screen shots of the Diagnostic Window, Dave.
    From what you say, I would expect to see something odd going on with the "slider" that shows the Mode -- it's almost as though Stabilized Fixed and Stabilized Slew have been transposed, doesn't it?

Andy.

3. Dave King

Here they are in both modes they look good to me, only thing that looks odd is the pan radian blinks in stabilized no slew mode.

Here's stabilized no slew
    panstab_mode.jpg

Here's slew mode
    pan_slew_mode.jpg

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Dave.
    As you say, everything looks normal.
    When you try to pan using the transmitter, in Stabilized Slew does it work?
    Similarly, in Stabilized Fixed, does the gimbal stabilize without giving you slew control of pan?

Andy.

5. Dave King

thanks! It works like it should. The transmitter controls do not pan in stabilized mode, and the transmitter controls allows the gimbal to pan in stabilized slew mode. The only difference is that it blinks in stabilized non slew mode.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Just to clarify terminogy, Dave, there are three modes, Off, Fixed Position Stabilized (sometimes called Stabilized Fixed), and Stabilized Slew.

If you're saying it blinks in Fixed Position Stabilized, based on what you've shown in the screen shots, then I think there is a problem. According to the Radian documentation "Green LED slow blink = Motor drive off (or drive initialization failure)."

I'd try swapping the Pan Radian with one of the others (you'll need to reprogram the "new" Pan Radian as a Pan sensor, of course), just to see if the fault stays even with the "new" Pan Radian or not. If the "new" one doesn't exhibit the same symptoms, then it's time to talk to your dealer.

Andy.

7. Dave King

Yes, I mean fixed position stabilized is blinking. And yes I don't think its doing anything in that. So I put the tilt radian up in that position after assigning it to the default Pan 1 configuration. Same thing. I double checked all my wiring, same thing. Then I assigned the Pan radian as a tilt default and then as a roll default. At that point the pan started moving around like it should out of control as per Tab's video's. But when I put it as a pan default it just blinks slowly in fixed position. So then I assigned it as a pan with the default settings of Min angle -110, Max angle 20, and fixed position as -10 and it locks like it should and spins because the gimbal isn't suspended on the orings. So I have to ask the question, what should the default min and max angles be for pan? And what about fixed position? Some how I think my default settings or incorrect?

HELP!!!

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Its normal Dave,

With transmitter off in firmware 1.03 you will get a solid green on tilt and roll with blinking green on pan. With transmitter on in OFF mode or FIXED POS STAB mode you will get the same with the addition of the solid orange light on all Radians. In STAB SLEW mode you will get a solid green and orange on all 3 Radians

9. Dave King

Thanks Brad

Here's what I am getting
    Mode - Stabilization off - All 3 radians blink green slowly
    Mode - Fixed Position Stabilized - Roll and tilt radians are solid green, but pan radian blinks green slowly. In this mode, I can rotate the gimbal very easily just like if stabilization is off if I suspend the copter from the ceiling with the gimbal attached to simulate it in the air. If the copter is on the ground, the copter doesn't spin around like it does if its in stabilized slew.
    Mode - Stabilized slew - All 3 radians are solid green, pan doesn't move unless I adjust it the pan through the MX20 like I should.

Is this what others are seeing with the 1.03 firmware update?