/dist/images/branding/favicon

Green Screen on FPV with FF HDMI Converter?

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Garrett Hurley, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Garrett Hurley

New to the forum, but after speaking with the guys at Quadrocopter I thought I would check in here to see if anyone can help.
    I sent my CS6 to Quadrocopter to get the 2-axis radian system installed and prior my fpv was working just fine. I have the freefly hdmi converter and running 1.2ghz to a lcd screen. Now I am getting nothing but a greenish yellow screen and not even a flicker of the image. I have fresh new lipos and have tried all channels and checked all the wires to make sure nothing is loose. I can't seem to figure this one out. The guys didn't touch anything for the fpv when they had it and in fact I had the hdmi converter at home when the cs6 was at quadrocopter.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Garrett

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Garrett:
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what camera you might be using, but is there any way to take the HDMI converter out of circuit and verify that the camera is emitting a valid video signal? Alternatively, can you use a different camera to feed HDMI signal in to the converter?

Andy.

3. Garrett Hurley

I have a nex5 and cannon rebel t2i and have been getting the same green problem. I even put both cameras on the tv with the hdmi cable just to be 100% sure and when hooked up to the tv I am able to see just fine. I just picked up the Sony HDR-790v which will allow me to not use the HDMI, but unfortunately the LANC-ctrl output cable that goes from the sony is a different plug from what was there on the Sony-760. So I will have to figure something else out there. But in the mean time I would like to get the screen back up and going. It is the strangest thing.

Thoughts Andy or anyone else? Greatly appreciated.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Garrett:
    Taking the second item first. Yeah. Sony in it's wisdom has removed the LANC remote control from the A/V connector on the right rear of the 790. You can still get a 760V on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDRPJ760...id=1364617242&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+hdr-cx760v

Just to summarize:
    1. Connecting the cameras to a TV via HDMI works. So that confirms the cameras are emitting HDMI.

2. Connecting the camera's HDMI output to the FF HDMI converter and then taking the composite video output from the FF HDMI converter and feeding that into a monitor is not working? (Note that I'm not yet to the stage of using the the 1.2Ghz video downlink -- we'll get to that once we know what the video signal is that's being emitted by the FF HDMI converter.)

Andy.

5. Garrett Hurley

In the morning I will give #2 a try.

I tried buying the 760 twice on Amazon and got burned because the companies had it on their site but didn't actually have it. I will keep searching for it and hopefully I can return the camera I just bought back to Sony.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Dave King and I just bought the 760V within this past week, if that helps any....

Andy.

7. Garrett Hurley

Andy, I bypassed the transmitter and went direct into the screen and same green screen. I would assume you are getting at that the HDMI is the problem. Correct?

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Garrett sounds like you might have a bad HDMI. If you hooked up a known camera with the HDMI cable to a TV and it works. Followed by hooking the camera to the HDMI with the video out going directly to a monitor with composite in (you are powering the HDMI with a 5v source as most cameras won't have enough power through the HDMI cable) and you don't get an image then it sounds like your HDMI might need to go back to the dealer for replacement.

9. Garrett Hurley

Thanks Gary,
    Hopefully I don't have any issue sending it back.