/dist/images/branding/favicon

Aloha!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jonathan Keao, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Jonathan Keao

Jonathan Keao Member

My name is Jon and I've done my share of enthusiast-level photography and videography over the past 15 years or so. I'm BRAND NEW to the aerial scene, but I recently dove right in with the purchase of a Cinestar 8 Do-It-Yourself kit. I hope to get some great videos using my GH2 (GH3 on the way) and a HERO2 (HERO3 on the way). My plan is to 1) enjoy this hobby to it's fullest 2) enjoy it even more 3) become good enough where I can sell some of my work. Yes, in that order. ;)

I've primarily been in the I.T. industry, but I must admit that seeing all the (expensive) parts upon opening the box was quite a bit intimidating. I've a fairly strong background in building and fixing nearly anything, but the big difference with this project is that this one has to float in mid-air!!

I'm armed with Andy's build DVD, which I'll start viewing tonight, then I may start building this weekend! I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions along the way, so please bear with my ignorance. I've already looked at some of the postings, and the acronyms alone have my head spinning!

Anyhow, I hope this introduction did its intended job, and I look forward to hearing from those I hope to be able to help one day, too.

Aloha,
    Jon

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

HI Jon

Nice to meet you. I was in your shoes 5 months ago so I know what it feels like. You will find that this is just about the best place you can ask questions. The people here are very knowledgeable and there's no negativism here in this forum. Keep us posted on your project and just if there's anything you have questions with.

Dave King
    Pittsburgh PA
    Cinestar 8, 3 axis gimbal