/dist/images/branding/favicon

Other Gimble Applications?

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Patrick, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone played with mounting the 2 or 3 axis gimble on other things like jibs, vehicles, dollies?

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I have thought about using mine as a handheld rig... haven't tried it yet though.

I also have been wanting to figure out how to mount it to a jib.

Josh

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Awesome, please post anything you do try. All I have is the gimble, I'm trying to deside the best and cheapest way to go about a ground station and operating system. The only thing I am set on is the dx8 transmitter

4. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

I have a crane with a very heavy motorized head that I mostly use for a 5DIII. I was thinking about using the gimbal, especially with the radian pan stabilization this could be a real cool thing. Also using the much lighter weight would mean using way less counterweight.
    What stopped me from doing it up to now is the disassembling of the cinestar.

5. Tommy - KnightDesignDev

Funny, the team here at EAI has been talking about that also.
    We are going to take a CraneII gimbal and a 3s 5000mah / GoPro and mount it onto a 20 ft painters extension handel (pole )...
    I'll post the results after our CS8 is up and running.

6. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

I've used my 3 axis handheld with decent results. Really removing 8 small bolts is no hassel to have a 'steady' cam. One step further will be making a bar that the gimbal can attach to, so I can adjust the height from lo-mode to high and still be able to hold the bar in the same spots. I know how to do it, just need to order the right boom connector and find an appropriate bar.

MIke Magee likes this.
  7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Try a telescoping painters rod if you want to so something inexpensive. Try this one Shur-Line 06572L Easy Reach Extension Pole, 4-Feet to 9-Feet I use it for holding a strobe with a beauty dish on it.

8. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

U will see other some" other gimble applications "from me soon google ..FLITTELINE NEW ZEALAND i normaly 180 kilos stablised
    cheersTROU BAYLISS

9. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Has anyone got some radian gain settings that are working well with the 3-axis gimble as handheld?

Poor mans MoVI wanted!:)

10. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

We use our gimble on a ballon sometimes, just to need to crank down the gain settings on the pan module to get to go 360!

11. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Even to use as a two axis is what I'm trying to perfect first. I'm finding the gains are too low for the stab to be good enough yet when the gains are increased the roll axis oscillates easily in your hand unless you hold it real firm.