/dist/images/branding/favicon

STBY ...REC icon from SONY CX760

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by TROU BAYLISS, Mar 15, 2013.

1. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

any body now how to get this info to the monitor on the ground ??
    I dont mind losing an IR triggered function ei stills..
    the instructions on the MK site are so vague they are unusable !!
    we need a step by step from a guru ... its very important to know that u are rolling or not remotley.
    theres a lot of camera opperators need to know this

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Trou: Here's part of an earlier post I made:

1. The composite video output is "clean" -- that is, no viewfinder icons, so the only way you can tell it's recording when you're shooting at p60 is to try and take a digital still. If you can, it's not recording, if you can't it is recording. (Taking a digital still fortunately causes the focus to shift briefly and you can see this on the ground station monitor.) A "workaround" is to modify the IR trigger to send the "menu" command (which is a toggle). Then you can see the recording state -- but to use the menu command that means you give up either Zoom In/Out or Take Digital Still as the MK IR and Strato Snapper only have limited control capabilities.​

See http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/unsure-which-camera.345/ Message #4

Andy.

3. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

How do i modify the IR trigger ?. to get that result .. ps i only need zoom /rec/stby i only have the MK IR PC

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

For what I wrote, there is no modification required - or there wasn't when I bought my MK IR trigger last Summer -- it worked with the CX760 right out of the box. You need to assign two RC channels and one does Toggle Video Record/Take Digital Still (I had one stick assigned for that so full forward was toggle video, and full back was take digital still, the right hand stick did zoom in and out corresponding to forward and back).

If you want to try that trick of having the IR controller set up to send the Menu command you'll lose the ability to zoom as it needs a channel to do that -- and you'll have to teach the IR controller the necessary IR sequence for Menu from the CX760's remote control. I never bothered to do that as I needed the zoom.

Andy.

5. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

Thanks Andy. I.might pull out the recording lite ..connect it a QUANTUM TX and get recording confermation .. that way ..thanks again for clearing that up ..u do good work here !! cheers TROU BAYLISS

6. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

ONE LAST THING ANDY ..can u htrow a bit more INK in the printer ..its hard to read this very faint print on this sit, on some monitors ..maybe push the keys harder ..anything to get a BOLDER TYPE .. cheers TROU

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Trou:
    I'm only a volunteer moderator, but I can ask. Are you saying that you're having a problem reading the grey font on the screen?

I've noticed that it can be hard to read under some circumstances, so I'm happy to ask.

Andy.

8. TROU BAYLISS

TROU BAYLISS Member

YES YES . its very hard to read ..almost imposible on some monitors .. ur last post is fantastic .. i wish the whole web site could be this way
    in order to get a good under standing oF RADIANS ...u HAVE TO DO ALOT OF READING HERE and with the this very dim ..font itS very difficault to read . GO BIG AND BOLD .....MAKE UR POINT ... URA TOP MAN ANDY ..CHEERS TROU