/dist/images/branding/favicon

roll shake

Discussion in 'Radian' started by JY Air, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kjetil tønnesen

hang your cs up , and look at the lcd at your live camera feed
    do some very small rollinput at your cs and adjuse your gain until you see improvment
    Have you done that??

i cant see why your roll shoud bee so different from others,so i think it is your gain
    you can also upload the old firmware to see if it gets better

2. Pavlos Antoniou

change the roll radian with the pan radian..!

3. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Hi Mike.
    My problem looks like yours in so many ways :-(
    Tilt radian working fine with gain 130-140, but roll got the same vibes you have no matter what gain :-( Must be the copter....
    Is your problem solved now?

Best regards from Sweden.

/Janne

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Janne:
    You might consider pulling the connector supplying power to the Radian that you suspect of causing the vibes. If the vibes continue, then, you're right -- it is the copter and not the Radian causing the servo to oscillate.

Andy.

5. Peter Eriksson

When i got the radians i also changed out my apc props to stiffer Xoar ones and i also changed out the camera to an heavier one.

My belive was that with radians came heaven, sure it did but not until you have an copter that is vibe free and performs without any shakes. My copter behaved good before but with all this changes was just to much

I have been all over the place with settings and trying out every possible thing in the book, i have now a great stab and vibe free video, i changed out a lot of things and that was a stupid thing. This is what i did

First dont think that Xoar props just because they are precision matched are balanced, the hubs where really bad. And i did a lot of tuning with props that where out of balance so that was a couple of days wasted.As was trying to tune with an gimbal that is not stiff.

Next thing was to stiffen up the gimbal, i have zipties around my isolator and basically making the mount stiff to the frame, maybe blue orings would have made the same but this works great, i have also rubberbands connecting the vertical boom of the gimbal out to the arms of the copter on each side, this also stiffens up the gimbal.

I have also connected each boom with stiff tubes to get less vibes coming from the motors/props (even though i have balanced them properly). Also rebalance gimbal

Finally settings of the copter, do them without the radians connected to see that it is performing good, fly with it and the look at the film sequence from the camera and adjust until satisfied.

I have now stock settings exept Gyro-D@27 Acc/gyro Comp@100 Gyro stab@7. But its a matter of taste, and it is not sure my settings will fit every pilot.

Radian tilt 170 and radian roll 140.

Pictures of mods are also coming, great performance, i will post video as soon as possible to show results

6. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Mike... is there any update?

7. kjetil tønnesen

glad you are happy now:)
    looking forward to the video

8. Peter Eriksson

I did not like all the mods that i needed to do to get it to work so i started once moore..

I removed my zipties around the isolators, running all red, removed the rubberbands stabilising the vertical boom to the gimbal. Gyro p100, I 100 and D 30. Redid the balancing of motors and to my suprice they where still off....!!

Put my Gyro D on a poti 0-40 and hovered with the copter and holding my hand on the battery, i then started tuning and it was quite easy to find the sweet spot. Lower values tended to jump the copter around. 30-35 was ideal.

Here is video, very nice! you can see some shakes when going low and fast, ground turbulence.

9. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Looks good Peter.

The standard MK CS8 benefits nicely from high Gyro D settings like you have now.

10. kjetil tønnesen

looks nice now peter:)

11. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Kjetil,

It looks really good! Congratulations.
    Did you have to balance the Carbon Props? Do you have installed the blue rings? And all of them?

I have the exact same setup as you but I still have the small roll twitch.

Cheers
    Bo

MIke Magee likes this.
  12. kjetil tønnesen

the props says it´s perfekt balanced ,but i check them anyway,so yes i balance all my props

now in the winter i only use 8 blue and the rest is red

13. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Kjetil,

Thanks!
    I have tried with the Xoax Props and did a lot of balancing with them also. But be-course of the flying performance of the APS props I ended up with them again. The only problem with the APC´s is that they are really difficult to balance... Thats why I asked about the carbon props. I´m thinking about to get some...
    Cheers
    Bo

14. Peter Eriksson

I like the apc props moore than the Xoar, with xoar installed i loose "lift". apc produce moore thrust i think, but as you say they are harder to get balanced right.

Xoar took soome sanding to get right to, especially the hubs where terrible..

15. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

What Xoar where you using. I have seen Tabb said he liked the 14x5 better than APC 14x4,7
    and that he was using Xoar 14x6 for heavier cameras.

16. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

Hi Kjetil,

Is it thees props u are using? to around 80€..
    [​IMG]
    View Full-Size Image

Propeller 14x4,5 Carbon

17. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I believe I saw others run 14" APC and at 15" swap to Xoars

18. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Hello Kjetil,

You've reached a very good point in image stability...
    i Started my flight tests w/ radians and there are many micro-vibrations in the video. Around 10Hz. Tilt and Roll Axis.
    Roll axis vibes are stronger. Radians seem to be working fine but the micro Vibes are going down to the entire Gimbal.
    CS8, WKM fx1.03, GH3, 3 Axis Gimbal w/ Radians, 5s 8000mah, Xoars wood 13x5. (Couldn't get the carbons you suggested yet).

What are your settings for WKM and Radians?

I have:
    WKM 185, 185, 180,185
    Radians Tilt 160, Roll 130, Pan 60.
    All Red O-rings.

Micro Vibes still present when Radian is turned OFF, so I guess CS frame is passing those frequencies to the Gimbal.
    Perhaps my CS tunning is too "tight".

Should I Lower the WKM gains?

Tks,

19. Peter Eriksson

I have the 14x5 ones

20. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member