/dist/images/branding/favicon

Getting my Graupner mx 20 to give me voice warnings and status

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by David N Atkisson, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's very strange. I've not seen that problem before, David.

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy that you're the only person on the planet with a given problem? It seems to happen to me a lot...

It will be interesting to see if the problem is deterministic. If you repeat the sequence, PH on then off, will the lady stop talking to you?
    I've certainly had her telling me the battery voltage basically non-stop for a couple of hours, including while the bird was on the ground for a battery change.

Mind you, I'm still back on Graupner firmware 1.003 (which I had to use as of May 2012 because the then current version wouldn't allow me to set SUMO 12).

Andy.

2. David N Atkisson

Haha I just love uncovering weird stuff. And being the only one with that weirdness. I will continue to use the system as is and see if a discernible pattern emerges.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Keep me posted please, David.
    Weird computer behavior is something I deal with a lot in my day job... :)

Andy.

4. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

What is everyone using for headphone(s) to plug into the MX-20 or other Tx for that matter?

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I use these iPod speakers http://www.amazon.com/Macally-3-5mm-Aux-Portable-Speaker/dp/B0017LVU96/ref=pd_sim_e_1
    Velcro'd to the top of the Graupner tray so that the speakers face me. I had to make up a short audio cable to bring the signal from the underside of the MX-20 up to the speakers -- the speaker plug faces away from me.

That way the camera op can also hear when Fraulein Graupner says "Minimum input voltage." :)

Andy.

6. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

I assume it is loud enough? I find the signal must be weak as it's not too loud in my headphones. Or am I missing a volume setting somewhere?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Sam:
    There is indeed a volume setting. Don't remember where that is in the manual, but I remember I found it more or less immediately.
    And yes, the volume is loud enough to be heard with the C8 is more than, oh, about 20 meters away.
    (For those with the MX-32 the speaker is built in and also has a volume control.)

Andy.

8. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

For anyone that's looking for the volume it's on page 224 of the manual and the setting is under basic settings.

Cheers.

9. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

How do i get her to stop saying 60 meters /80 meters when i switch AH on and off. She talks when i turn PH and Return to home on too. Is that in the MK gear beucuse it's only when i have a assigned switch she start talking. I've unboxed everything except sensor1 volt in general module and altitude in the vario module in the voicetrigger menu. I use sw1 and sw8.

G

10. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustav have you installed the MK voice file? I got something like you described using the Graupner voice file. Changed to MK file on the SD card and everything worked properly.

11. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I don't have the MX20 in front of me but I recently setup my voice settings. I know there are 6 different modules that can give voice messages. Make sure you go through them all. I believe there is transmitter, receiver, general, electric module, vario, and GPS. Go through these modules and see if anything is selected. You can also turn off the entire module if you wish by unselecting it under sensor select option.

12. David N Atkisson

Gustav,

I have noticed that when I go to certain screens on the MX-20 the voice also activates and deactivates when I leave certain information screens. I'm not sure what this is about. There appears to be some oddities about voice. Not sure what all this means. I have just learned to stay away from certain information screens on my Graupner when the voice is important to me.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Gustav, I can post the correct voice file for you -- which language would you prefer? You'll just copy the voice file to the microSD card in the MX-20 into the folder cunningly named "Voice Files." :)

Andy.

14. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

I have all the boxes unchecked. I have to have another look. It's strange becouse it's just the assigned controls in MK tools.

15. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

I would prefer swedish but english would do fine!! Thanx!!

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Tyvärr, Gustav. Det finns ingen svenska språket röstfil. Jag har laddat upp den engelska röstfilen.

Hälsningar
    Andy.

Attached Files:

17. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

Haha great!!

Im away on a job but will try it when i get back home!!

Thanx

G

18. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Hi all...I have also a cinestar 8 with a MX-20. Could someone explain to me how and where I can see the battery level on the TX? I see some values but not the battery voltage....Please help

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Augusto: Do you have the MX-20 bound to a Graupner Receiver that is capable of telemetry? For example a GR-24?
    To make sure it is set up correctly, you might want to review this page: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MX-20

Section 4 tells you how the receiver must be connected to the MK Flight Control, and how to get the voice announcements to work.

Please come back and post additional questions if that document doesn't answer them all for you....there's quite a few separate steps that have to be set right to get it to work, but they are all covered in the document.

Andy.