/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar-8 Quick Release Gimbal System

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Sebastian Meredith, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

Just found this piece of kit online at http://www.uavrotorking.com/allied-drones/cinestar8-qrelease-g/
    Has anyone used this system? Looks interesting ... could make travelling setup and breakdown a little easier!

"Quickly affix and detach the Cinestar 3-axis Gimbal and landing gear from the Cinestar 8 airframe in 10 seconds with the Allied Drones 15mm quick release rail system. Now no tools or time are required to break down the Cinestar-8 for transportation. Simply and easily separate the top half of the Cinestar 8 (airframe) from the lower half (gimbal and landing gear). Upgrading your airframe to the 15mm rail system allows you to attach other payloads and accessories to the Cinestar using Hollywood-standard 15mm rail system compatible clamps available from Berkey, Zatuco, and Redrock Micro. $199"

Attached Files:

2. Pavlos Antoniou

I have posted it here... It seems great.... The think is how it performs with antivibration system too..!!

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a product from Allied Drones. UAVRotorking.com is just a selling site. Still waiting from forum members for feedback on the products from Allie Drones. I have one of their Commander Boom mounts and the build quality is fine.

4. Chakradhar Raju

I want to use 3 axis Cinestar Gimbal with radian for SKYJIB heavy lift latest version....would like to know which landing gear to go for?

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chakradhar that would be a good question for the folks at Allied Drones if you want something removable or perhaps your Droidworx dealer.

6. Chakradhar Raju

I hope you would have heard we haven't tested....common reply

7. Chakradhar Raju

The latest retract from SKYJIB cannot accommodate.....3 axis Cinestar Gimabl...

8. Colin

Colin Member

I have the droidworx retracts on our skyjib with the 3 axis CS gimbal. No problems at all. Just make sure that the adapter plate is bolted down on the gel pads. Do not use the cable ties

9. Chakradhar Raju

Thanks Colin....

10. Bastien Carrillo

Bastien Carrillo New Member

I'm using the quick release system from Allied Drones and I'm really pleased so far.
    The system is well done and easy to install, and the quick release works perfectly.

It only takes a few seconds to assemble/disassemble the 3 axis to the main frame, and makes the transport really easier.

Simply love it!

Here's a quick shot done with my phone, sorry for the shaky vid.

11. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

If you use this quick release system, do you still have vibration dumpers on the frame?

What do you think about this anti vibration system added to the gimbal?

[​IMG]

12. Bastien Carrillo

Bastien Carrillo New Member

Hey, nice job on your rig!;)

When using the AlliedDrones system, the 15mm rod are mounted on the Cinestar vibrations dampeners and that works very well.

Wire dampening system are also working great, I'm using this system with my Flexacopter but you need to adjust the number of wires and the diameter with the weight of your payload, it takes some time to get rid of vibrations.

BTW, I had a X8 before and I'm using now the flat Cinestar 8.
    I see on your picture that you have both version (flat and coax) which one do you prefer?
    I personnaly was thinking on modify my flat octo to a coax setup, it really seems to be more stable.
    What do you think?

13. Pavlos Antoniou

14. Emanuele Chiocchio

Hi Pavlos, we're using with great success a custom version of the Echo quick release system especially made for our CS8 upon our request. Just contact Josh at Allieddrones: he's a very kind and responsive person. Say that Emanuele told you to ask him about the Cinestar version.

Ciao,

Emanuele

15. Pavlos Antoniou

Hey Emanuele

I have already contacted Josh he seems to be a great guy... Its expensive thats why i want to know if it makes a real difference from the stock dampers... I am asking because if its not a real differnce i will buy just the quick release..

Thank you..

I am waiting for your review..

16. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Question, is anyone using retractable legs on a X8 Coaxial set up with 3 axis gimbal? I'm invertigating and not sure which could work while missing the lower props on a 950mm boom.

Thx, J

17. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Guys I am using the Eco anti vibration quick release mount for Cinestar 8 and ita a......snap..... 1,2,3,4,,to separate the gimbal from the copter I really like it great design and quality materials

18. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Got a link?

19. Cris Olariu

Cris Olariu Member

The Echo anti vibration quick release is awesome! I installed it when I upgraded to the 360 gimbal and I love how easy I can separate the two components. Definitely worth it.