/dist/images/branding/favicon

fail safe, fail safe, fail safe, fail safe....(bangs head on keyboard)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jei Swan, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

And you are indeed using parameter set 5. Did you intend to be doing this? (Look at the lower center part of your screen shot -- to the right of the exclamation mark in the red triangle. There's nothing bad about doing this, but most folks use parameter set 3 which has defaults set for beginners -- then they tweak those settings.

Andy

2. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

What is the difference between the 3 and 5 setting. Looking at the mikrokopter.de site its just saying like 3 its a basic flight attitude(http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter).

also im setting the come home fail safe ill post my settings in a bit. but i would like to test it. how do i go about doing that because from what i have seen/heard testing that by actually turning off the control isn't a wise idea.

Also attached is the flight log after checking connections/changing some settings.

Also is there any place can go to to learn about accessing the gpx file to translate the info?

Edit: Just got google earth which is allowing me to see flight paths.

Attached Files:

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Well, the default settings are different for parameter sets 3 and 5, but you can, of course, make them whatever you want.
    For example with MK Tool you can Read paramset 3 and then Write paramset 5 which slams #3 onto #5.

The real issue is that if you decide to change paramsets on the fly using the sticks on your Tx, then you just need to be aware of what settings are controlling.

It's a bit like testing the airbags in your car. There's really no good way to test it that is risk free.

Read this web page: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MKGPXTool and download and install the software.
    (How did I get to this web page: Google search: mk_gpxtool -- it's sufficiently unique that you get straight to the page.)

The GPX file itself will be described on my next DVD set, but for the moment, take on board:
    1. It is human readable (that is, it's text).
    2. It's not designed to be read by humans! (That is, it's a rather messy form of so-called "self-describing data."
    3. That's why we tend to use MK_GPXTOOL to read it.

But if you really want to read the actual GPX file -- and you should open one up with a text editor just for your education and edification -- then look at this web page:http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/GPX
    (How did I get to this web page: Google search: Mikrokopter gpx

Hint: Just get used to doing Google searches where the first keyword is mikrokopter :) . It makes it much easier to find MK-related information.

Andy.

4. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Ok well i have disassembled the entire thing checked the solder, checked the plugs, re did the programming. rebalanced the copter, re aligned the motors, replaced the props. the heli is still sliding right then i am moving forward.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Did you level the FC board and recalibrate the ACC? I didn't see that in your list of things? :)

Andy.

6. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Yes,though not listed (my bad) it has been recalibrated and set to lvl. Wouldnt be able to test fly if i didnt. Oh and also test flying with out the gimbal to make sure the base systen is level.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Can you upload a GPX file, Jei?
    We need to see what on earth is causing this "sliding right" phenomenon.

Andy.

8. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

curious. would the compas calibration have any effect oh how its flying?
    and no flights yet. weather has been really bad rain and 30mph winds.

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes it can.

10. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

cool. well ill recalibrate that in the AM.

11. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Ok re-calibrated the compass its flying straight when the gps is turned off; when the gps is turned on it flys on the angle. with these results going to have to learn how to fly a bit more with no gps on unless im holding a positon; but with that said even with the positing hold on it shouldn't be doing that in flight?

also video is still badly shaky. running 2 red/2 black/2 red. granted im flying in 15-17mph winds this morning.

Attached Files:

12. Riley VanNyhuis

Riley VanNyhuis New Member

Make sure that your trims are all centered on your transmitter. This could be causing the constant movement to the right.

13. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

they are. i find having the roll +5 to the left smooths it out to compensate but they are all neutral.

14. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Also make sure you have done the stick calibration in the 'hidden' menu. Assuming you are using an MX-20. If you are you can find the procedure on page Page 29 Joystick Calibration.

15. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

yup done the stick calibration. constantly checking and making sure its correct.