/dist/images/branding/favicon

fail safe, fail safe, fail safe, fail safe....(bangs head on keyboard)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jei Swan, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

[Setup]
    Name=camera 2
    IniVersion=4
    GlobalConfig=107
    GlobalConfig2=34
    GlobalConfig3=8
    [Channels]
    Nick=3
    Roll=2
    Gas=1
    Gier=4
    Poti_1=5
    Poti_2=6
    Poti_3=7
    Poti_4=8
    Poti_5=9
    Poti_6=10
    Poti_7=11
    Poti_8=12
    Receiver=6
    MotorSafetySwitch=7
    [Stick]
    Nick_Roll-P=6
    Nick_Roll-D=10
    Gier-P=4
    ExternalControl=0
    [Altitude]
    Setpoint=255
    MinGas=30
    P=15
    Barometric-D=30
    Z-ACC-Effect=0
    Gain=15
    HoverVariation=8
    GPS_Z=20
    StickNeutralPoint=127
    MaxAltitude=150
    [Gyro]
    P=100
    I=120
    D=10
    Gier_P=100
    Gier_I=120
    DynamicStability=70
    ACC_Gyro-Factor=27
    ACC_Gyro-Compensation=32
    DriftCompensation=0
    Stability=6
    Main-I=16
    MotorSmooth=0
    [Others]
    MinGas=8
    MaxGas=230
    Compass-Effect=64
    UnderVoltage=33
    NotGas=65
    NotGasTime=90
    Orientation=0
    CarefreeControl=0
    FailsafeTime=0
    FailsafeChannel=0
    [User]
    Parameter_1=0
    Parameter_2=0
    Parameter_3=0
    Parameter_4=0
    Parameter_5=0
    Parameter_6=0
    Parameter_7=0
    Parameter_8=0
    [Camera]
    ServoNickControl=125
    ServoNickCompensation=40
    ServoNickMin=15
    ServoNickMax=230
    ServoNickFilter=0
    ServoRollControl=125
    ServoRollCompensation=35
    ServoRollMin=70
    ServoRollMax=220
    ServoRollFilter=0
    ServoInvert=3
    ServoNickRefreshRate=4
    ManualControlSpeed=60
    Orientation=0
    Servo3=125
    Servo4=248
    Servo5=125
    [Loop]
    Config=0
    GasLimit=50
    StickThreshold=90
    LoopHysteresis=50
    TurnOverNick=78
    TurnOverRoll=78
    [Coupling]
    YawPosFeedback=90
    NickRollFeedback=55
    YawCorrection=70
    [Output]
    J16_Bitmask=243
    J16_Timing=125
    J17_Bitmask=95
    J17_Timing=125
    WARN_J16_Bitmask=85
    WARN_J17_Bitmask=0
    [NaviCtrl]
    GPS_ModeControl=254
    GPS_Gain=100
    GPS_P=90
    GPS_I=90
    GPS_D=90
    GPS_P_Limit=75
    GPS_I_Limit=85
    GPS_D_Limit=75
    GPS_Acc=0
    GPS_MinSat=6
    GPS_StickThreshold=8
    GPS_WindCorrection=90
    GPS_AccCompensation=42
    GPS_MaxRadius=245
    GPS_AngleLimit=140
    GPS_PH_Login_Time=5
    CH_Altitude=25

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. It's in the shape of a Fig Leaf. You attach it to your belt buckle. :)

Andy.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Jei, this is pretty serious, as the copter's going to do all kinds of crazy work trying to straighten itself out as it flies, and if you're doing the same thing, this alone could be the cause of your unstable video.

I suggest you use your downtime to take the whole copter apart and carefully follow Andy's DVD when you reassemble it. And pay close attention to the balancing instructions. I suspect that you may either have a weight distribution problem or one or more of your motors may not be "plumb" (perfectly vertical). As Andy pointed out above, the disparate current draws are usually an indication of balance and/or motor orientation problems.

Balance the copter without the gimbal attached, and make sure it flies smoothly (stick a GoPro on it for reference). Then balance your gimbal (off the copter), and find its CoG. Only then should you mount it on the copter. And when you support the copter by booms 1 & 5, then by booms 3 & 7, it should sit perfectly level. If not, do it all over again.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Jei, this field (1/2 mile away from your home) looks like there's two pitch's worth of flying space, and you'd be well-served to find out when you can use it. That's a good amount of space, and you'll be able to debug your issues with far less stress when you're not so hard-pressed to find a clear spot to land...

Google Earth-snap001.jpg

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The relevant part of the GPX file (shown in MK_GPXTOOL's Gridview) is below:
    Jei Swan\'s Emergency Landing.png

If you look in the last two columns you can see the RC channels and the GPS Sticks (in other words what the GPS/FC is doing to fly the bird).

The RC channels are shown in order: Nick, Roll, Yaw, Gas, POTI1-8.
    Unfortunately with Alt Hold on, the Gas value isn't really telling us what we want to know...which was what's the actual gas set to? What it shows is deviation around the center point, I think. So 0 means hover.

The GPS sticks are: Nick, Roll, Yaw, Mode. In this case you can see the mode is "H" -- which shows I was wrong -- you did have a Home position set (it would be a "?") if the Coming Home was requested, but no home position was set.

It's also odd to see Alt Hold and Emergency Land on at the same time.

I'll think about this some more.
    Andy.

6. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

yeah thats shelly bay park. its only 2 min from my house as you said. but as i also said schools use the pitch for football. its the hight of foot ball season trying to find time when the park isn't full. is kinda of hard to do. once football season dies ill defiantly go cant do any thing till that. not to mention. this was the only free flying day i had until sat. according to windguru.com which makes it harder to coordinate flights with the activity.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jei, any chance that the battery on your transmitter died? If you are using a Graupner can you upload the logfiles from the Graupner? Based on the altitude it's possible that it lost the transmitter due to line of sight blockage for the transmitter signal. But while it switched to come home it never executed. While it had 6 satellites indicated at the first recorded data points I don't know if it had a good LOCK for comehome.

8. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

The control didn't loose power was a near fresh charge 5.2v. ill see if i can pull up the logs from the control.

this a lot to process.

9. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

sorry but i cant post the controller logs just found out that the card is broken in half.

I am curious about that the motors are showing. the 3 and 7 the two motors are opposite from each other and are pulling about he same current. when the heli is moving to the right it is both wiht the gimbal attached and when its not. i've balanced it digitally/manual levels propped it with wedges/post it notes cardboard, gotten some one else to check the levels before balancing it. i find it odd for it to be a balancing issue. same goes for the props checked the balance on them sunday and again had a second eye on them.

The camera gimbal i took some time on sunday and aligned the centre of the lens to the axis of the the gimbal (as best i can cause there are no markings on a camera so its mostly guess work. then moved the gimbal back on the mount to move the camera closer to the CG of the heli.

Looking at the Mikrokopter tool i do notice that the red line which i assume is telling you the direction of forward flight. The line is off centre and in-between the 1 and 2 motors. if this is wrong this explains the moving to the right when moving forward and how do i correct this.

I just started using the coming home function and it never had a problem. that being said this was the furthest i have ever had the heli usually its never more than 200 feet away.

How do i fix a magnetic issue and what does that mean.

Also how can i test the failsafe mode?

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Jei

Can you shoot a few pictures for us. From over the top of the copter a photo of your FC board and then photos of your NAVI and GPS and how they are installed? That might help us problem determination. Thanks

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Try clicking and dragging on the top end of the red line to move it, please. I seem to recall doing that to move it.

Also verify that the mixer is using Octo2.

Thanks
    Andy

12. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

13. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Jei I just took a look at your MKTool setup listing that you posted earlier. I have a couple of questions?

1. What version of software are you running on both the FC and NAVI.
    2. I notice that you are using Parameter set 2 and it has been perhaps been renamed Camera 2. While the settings all seem to match the standard Parameter 3 - Easy setup just wanted to confirm that intentionally made that change.
    3. In regards to item 2 when you power up the copter and do the gyro calibration (stick up to the left) how many beeps do you get?

14. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Thanks for the Photos. That eliminates the possibility of the NAVI board being turned.

And I just watched the video matched up against the GPXTool data and GPS map overlay. Since I can't tell where you were standing is there a chance that a building blocked the transmitter signal? From your takeoff point on the west side of the house and drawing a straight line to where the loss of RX signal occured that might explain the loss of signal as the altitude being flown might not have allowed, even momentarily, a solid signal.

That doesn't explain why ComeHome didn't work as the ship seems to have gone into Emergency Gas rather than executing the CH feature. That function is somewhat dependent on the software version as it has been changing and improving over time.

15. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

1. Nav control V2.0, FC V2.1
    2. Yeah i changed the name this was to be sure i didn't change the base parameters
    3. just did it i got 5 beeps

The line dosn't move no matter where you click. and it is the octo2 mixer

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

@Gary: The first line of the GPX file shows the software version numbers (@Jei: you're citing hardware versions! :)):
    MK Version: FC HW:2.1 SW:0.88n + NC HW:2.0 SW:0.28p​
    Those five beeps suggest you're on parameter set 5.

Can you capture a screen shot of the MK Tool window showing the Mixer settings please? (Shift Print-Screen puts the image on the clipboard, then paste it into a Windows Paint file).

Thanks
    Andy

17. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

1.png 2.jpg Navi-Ctrl HW v2.0 SW v0.28
    Flight Ctrl HW v2.1 SW v 0.88

ATTACH=full]1240[/ATTACH] 1.png

18. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

My red line is off centre like that too. Is this a problem? I will try to move it when I'm back home.

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nope, that looks normal to me. It's offset like that just so you can see the motor number and arrowhead I think.

Andy.

20. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

oh i still beleive i put in the versions wrong im missing the letter at the end. so its

MK Version: FC HW:2.1 SW:0.88n V4 + NC HW:2.0 SW:0.28p