/dist/images/branding/favicon

problems with my mikrokopter boards.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by David N Atkisson, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

OK I think that is your problem, the LED's shouldn't be red on the PDB. They should be solid green like the picture above.

2. David N Atkisson

I want to thank all you guys for your generous help. Today I talked to the fellow who help me test all my electronic boards. It seems that when he tested the FC board he hard wired it to his existing drone to test. He had me use a magnifying glass to check out pads c and d on the board and I spotted the tiniest thread of solder that bridged the pads. It was probably smaller then a human hair size. I used my almighty solder sucker thingy and sucked all that solder right off the board into oblivion and low and behold all is well again. Thanks again for all your insights. I would never have known anything about the physical connections between the fc board and pd board if all you folks hadn't been so generous with your links and insights. Again! a big thank you!!

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Glad it is all working for you now! Now go out and fly! :D

And my apologies on creating this little issue and making you chase it for a day... I checked everything before i shipped it back but didn't see that small piece of solder...

I am glad it was a simple fix though.

Josh

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Was that there when I looked at the board, David? (It might have been, I was so focused on making sure the air pressure sensor was functioning correctly?)

Andy.

5. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Andy,
    It was me... I checked when I removed the hard-wires from the C and D pads but it must have been small enough that I didn't catch it.

Josh

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

No sweat. I think David's boards have been thoroughly checked by several of us! :)
    But good news is that we got him (or more correctly, his bird) back in the air.

David: Remember Casey Van Nyhuis' wisdom: Don't fall in love with anything you fly remotely. You will crash it.

And we'll all still be here to help get it back flying!

Andy.

7. David N Atkisson

LOL! I love all those aphorisms. They make me chuckle instead grating my teeth. haha

8. David N Atkisson

I have one other thing for you folks to look at if you don't mind. I did send this to Andy but if anyone would mind opening up my mk-tool settings and checking them out it would be great to get some feed back. Just let me know if you see any red flags or anything that might make you think, "Why in the Heck does he have his setting set up like that?" LOL

9. David N Atkisson

Oh! Oh! I just did something I told my self I wouldn't until I heard back about my mk-tool settings. But I went out into the back 40 and flew my CS8, basically hovered around 1 to 2 meters off the ground. If you go over the electronics questions I posted this over there as well. While hovering I got the voice in my ear telling me that I had a max temp warning. Never heard this one and need to check it out but don't know how to proceed. Any advice? David

10. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

Hey Gary ... Quick question (perhaps a stupid questions) on the direct wiring ... the GN pad (13) on the FC - where does this connect to the PDB ? Thanks. Sebastian

11. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sebastian any ground point on the PDB should be fine.