/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wooden Camera Zip Box

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tyler Oxendine, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Tyler Oxendine

Tyler Oxendine New Member

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Haven't tried that one, we have the Misfit Atom .... and love it, when we have to use a matte box/filter holder

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I'll 2nd the Misfit Atom as an excellent matte box for gimbals, but it's hard to compete with that price on the Wooden. Usually around Black Friday the Misfit's go on sale for 1/2 price. I have the carbon fiber eyebrow for the Misfit, which also comes in handy on the Movi quite often.

I realize that doesn't directly answer your question, but the Wooden box looks janky, to be honest, plus you have to know which lens it's going on to buy the right size. The Misfit has step rings that go from 114mm on down.

4. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

I just used the zip box on a lens that was a 95mm front because I didn't have the adapter ring for my Misfit Atom and the zip box is ok at best.

I own the misfit atom and highly recommend that over the zip box everyday just make sure you get all the accessories you need for the lenses you plan to use.

The zip box is nice if you usually just tape filters to the lens like I see other ppl do. It's a safer affordable alternative, but I really wouldn't call it a mattebox.

5. Tyler Oxendine

Tyler Oxendine New Member

Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like I'm switch gears and go with the Misfit Atom.

6. Manoj paramahamsa

Manoj paramahamsa New Member

Hi
    I have both woodencamera double filter 110mm-115mm 4x5-65 zipbox with flags and misfit clip on
    Both works perfectly with local made clip on rings to suit different dia otus lenses and ruby lens
    If its handheld setup i prefer zip box and if i use it crane jibs,sliders i prefer regular misfit for better light control
    And weight management

7. Vin Guglielmina

Vin Guglielmina New Member

Also using the BT atom. Occasionally ill throw one of those DSLR 86mm lee filter holder deals on if Im just using a single piece of 4x5.6.