/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wireless Focus

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Ryan Forte, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

I am starting this thread because there was a bit of talk in the power draw thread about the hand controller design for the mimic.

Pulling focus is such an important function of accomplishing complex shots with any moving camera system.

I see that through the videos freefly has posted that the mimic has the capability to do many things.

Could Freefly make it possible to allow the Mimic to communicate with existing handsets like cMotion, Arri or Preston. I bet you if all Movi Pro owners needed to do was give their AC's a mimic pro and cable to control FIZ through their existing hand unit people would buy a second mimic to hand off to 1st AC.

I imagine it would work like using AVID/FCP7 hotkeys in Premiere Pro where not all functions will pass through, but the important ones will.

If you cannot make that work I would consider making this cMotion knob compatible with the mimic.
    http://www.cmotion.eu/shop/detail/cat/17/product/1945/cvolution knob solo A

I love the movi ecosystem and it's why I shelled out $8500 to order a Movi Pro without even picking one up. (Still waiting for mine from Quadrocopter by the way... :D)

The reality for me is that the camera will not be on the movi for every shot on every shoot, but wireless follow focus and video must be on every setup I do that's not ENG for TV.

I wouldn't put so much time into this if I didn't think it was very important!

If you guys at Freefly can shed anymore light on this subject and what your plans are for the Movi Pro and focus.

Hell I would even buy a Freefly Hand Unit for focus if you guys could make an independent setup that could also interface directly with the Movi Pro and with your wedge when using off the movi to give users the ability to keep everything in the same ecosystem.

Similar to Arri's CForce setup where the HU talks directly to the cameras but can also be paired to there separate MDR to use with Non-Arri Cameras.

Cross compatibility for some functions can make professional tools professional and not prosumer.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this?

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Power to the people!

lol did u email freefly? seems like this is a question for them?

Ryan Forte likes this.
  3. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

found an answer

"The MōVI Pro FIZ does not currently have the ability to be controlled by third part hand units."

thats bryan on another post this last friday.

Ryan Forte likes this.
  4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

I would venture a guess that u will get a "not currently" if you email and ask. +1 nonetheless

#4 SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Ryan Forte likes this.