/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt Stuck When Switching From Remote To Majestic

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Charles Bergquist, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Charles Bergquist

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone is running into this issue or if it's a setting I have enables somehow. I just restored all factory defaults so maybe it's on the remote?

When I go from Remote to Majestic control the Tilt angle stays the same and does not find the horizon. On top of this, when in Majestic mode and the remote on, I can still Tilt but not Pan the head. Lastly, I'll get the Tilt angle to drift in Majestic Mode down and to correct it I'll have to switch to Remote then back to Majestic.

Rig is balanced, all motors are at 0% maybe pan is at 1% sometimes, but properly balanced.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this?

2. Charles Bergquist

Just got my MoVI Controller and I've still got the Tilt ability in Majestic Mode, same as with the DX7s. Anyone else able to do this, is there a setting a I have enabled somewhere?

By the way, the MoVI Controller is well worth the money if you can swing it. Coming from a non-RC background, I had a "junkshow" of stuff doing Dual Operator mode and trying to stay mobile. The MoVI Controller takes pretty much every aspect of the remote operator and puts it into one device, powered by one battery.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

There are a few different settings here that determine how Majestic behaves. First you have Handheld or Airborne mode. When in Handheld, you have Majestic options. When in Airborne, you have a locked MoVI (for takeoff and landing on a multirotor). From what I gather your probably in Handheld. With the Controller (either Spektrum or your new MoVI Controller), you have a 3 position mode switch labeled Kill, Majestic, and Dual. While in Kill, no power is given to the motors.. for lens changes, balancing, etc. With Dual, the remote operator has full control over pan and tilt. With Majestic, tilt function is still available with either controller but you cannot affect pan (thats what Dual mode is for). Not having remote Pan control while in Majestic mode is normal.

As for your tilt not finding the horizon while in Majestic, that is also perfectly normal when you have tilt set to "smooth lock". This will maintain a constant tilt angle and thus stay there when you switch between modes. You can manually move the camera tilt angle to a new position and it will maintain that new position. The other option is to change your tilt setting from "smooth lock" to majestic tilt. This will maintain a tilt at an angle relative to the handle position. Mainly used in single operator setups when tilting during a shot is needed.

As for your tilt driving issue, and without me being there, its most likely due to movement of the gimbal during the initialization when you first power up the gimbal.

Hope all this helps!

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Charles,

the tilt-angle stays after switching from remote to majestic mode, that´s a newer feature.
    It prevents changing the tilt-angle during a shoot when loosing rc-contact and switching to majestic automatically.
    In an earlier version the tilt-angle then changed back to horizontal, which is not good while shooting.
    Now the automatic switching to majestic still happens, but won´t affect the tilt in an actual shoot.

Best,

Wolf

5. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

What Wolf says is correct.

But, it's a pain sometimes as we flick to majestic when we loose video range on longer shots (dual operator with original short range bolt).

It would be nice to have the option to go back to horizontal. But then, I just ordered the Paralinx Tomahawk, so hoping that will solve the video range problems.

6. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Q: To be clear, When saving settings via Airborne or Handheld, the app saves the data DIFFERENTLY for each setting? That could be why when we had it in Majestic the other day it was crazy seasick, as if it was majestic handheld (smoothing and windows)