/dist/images/branding/favicon

This looks very cool for the sony A7II

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Jason Herring, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Alan Grattan likes this.
  2. Dylan Glockler

Sure does. Just ordered it and will report back!

3. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I ordered one as well, the customer service is amazing.

4. Freddie Murphy

Freddie Murphy New Member

I'd love to see some samples of the zoom function. Specifically if the buttons are pressure sensitive to control zoom speed. I've been looking for a control setup and I'm currently leaning towards a GentLED. I feel like I'd have more control if zoom was mapped to a standard RC stick (or pot).

5. Dylan Glockler

From what I can tell - the zoom is probably not pressure sensitive - the buttons are pretty basic. I don't have any servo zoom motors myself and when I try the zoom button I just get the message that the function is not available. Looks like maybe it could do digital zoom depending on the camera - but who wants to use that?

Otherwise this little guy is great - I haven't had it up in the air yet, but initial tests give me great control over the camera from afar, just what I was looking for. They accidentally left out the instructions in the box but a quick email and fast response: they sent them in PDF - not that instructions are that necessary, but you do have to know to turn on remote control in the camera settings before the IR port is activated to work with the receiver.

I'll post back when I've had it up in the air and tested in the field, but initially: pretty solid build quality, great customer service and very effective device.

6. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I recived my air commander, it works great when I hold the ir eye but when I tape it on to the camera It's hit or miss if it controls the camera. Any ideas on how to attach it to the camera?
    Thanks,

7. Ilja Masik

Ilja Masik New Member

Hello Jason,
    please mount diode in front of sensor with LED bulb aimed directly into the sensor. Distance between sensor and IR bulb should be about 1-3cm.

I have made image which should explain it clearly.
    mount.jpg

Ilja

8. Dylan Glockler

I emailed support (who replied immediately and were very helpful) and Ilja's suggestion is similar to their reply:

Our mount of IR LED bulb is not directly on camera. We have mounted IR bulb on the gimbal in front of camera sensor (bulb aims directly into camera sensor). Then you can switch cameras without any sticking or glue mounting anything on the camera body. ​

For situation when you have more gimbals / rigs etc. we are selling separate receivers to mount them on each setup.
    We did not try to make AIR Commander receiver comfortably removable, so this is just quick idea - what about glue some little magnet on the IR bulb and little piece of steel on each place where you want to quickly mount A.C.? Then you will just click it on and off...​

I've been on the road doing other work and haven't had a chance yet to really test it. I'd also like to find the smallest, lightest battery option to power the receiver on the gimbal - at the moment i'm using a spare MOVI battery. If anyone has any suggestions...

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ilja, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks

Andy

10. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Dylan,

Can you post a youtube or something as well. While I love my gentles multi controller. There is some oddities to the bridge. This looks pretty good.

-Cody

11. Dylan Glockler

They have a couple YouTube how-to type videos that address the limitations of the commander and how to lock exposure by setting functions to the various assignable buttons.

http://lab.airpixel.cz/en/commander/

12. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Impressive. The best route currently for aerial pictures/ video for Alpha series.

-C

13. Tracy Toledo

Tracy Toledo New Member

Nice, looks like you got a good stuff there.