/dist/images/branding/favicon

smallhd 502

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Charles Lim, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Anybody tried the smallhd 502 what are you expereinces with it and would you recommend it?

2. Markus Mueller

Hi Charles,
    I have got one for two month now and it's amazing. The option with the pages you can edit and switch with the joystick- don't know how much I love it. On the gimbal - 90% of outside shots I don't miss a sunhood - don't know any small monitor catching up with this. There is a daybright 702 coming if you want a bigger screen and 100% outside view in the sun.
    Viewfinder. Wow. If you use it with the monitor you never think about another one. Better than 4000€ Sony VF or the Arri Amira one.
    Make it - take it.

If you've got any special questions - let me know.
    Best - Markus

3. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

Hey Charles,

I have been on this monitor since NAB and Love It!! Just picked up a second one as well.

Highly Recommend

4. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

i just pulled the trigger and got it . Yes it's relatively expensive against the new comers (recorders). But it's the smallest lightest full HD monitor out there , I thought. so far no regrets.

5. alain baars

alain baars Member

I just got the 502 today, I am not sure how to power it. Either with two LP e6 batteries or by power from the movi pro. with my 'old ' M10 i did power my monitor through the Vmount that I had installed.
    My preference would be to do that again, but wat are you're thoughts on that?

second question would be, how long can you power the 502 with two LP e6?