/dist/images/branding/favicon

Single Pilot Tilt Control

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Henry Symons Jones, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Henry Symons Jones

Henry Symons Jones New Member

I can find quite a few posts asking the question but never an answer...
    On the occasions when I don't have a 2nd Operator available to control the camera - is it possible and if so how to control the tilt control from my single transmitter?
    Setup is DX18 with DJI A2
    I understand I can bind a second satellite to the DX18 but if the A2 and Movi are using the same channels and I don't think these can be altered is this of any help? Thanks

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

What I do is just leave the second transmitter on a stand next to me, park the copter in the air, adjust the tilt to where I want it, then resume flying. It's a little clunky, but works just fine for my purposes. If I need dynamic tilt moves, I use a camera operator.

And if you're in single-operator mode, the MōVI works much better in "handheld" mode than "airborne" mode. There are a few threads here that discuss this.

3. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Steve,
    I was thinking of doing it that way for the single operator scenario. I have done lots of searching. Are you saying that Movi has seemingly, and purposefully branded the inputs to ALL transmitters to ever be used in a way that you cannot re-map a SAT to operate on channels 6-9+?? This would have separated the FC and the Gimble seamlessly on one transmitter with two potential RX's and given adaptability for moving around inputs and switch configurations. I had thought when I researched getting the Movi that it was said it was a Alex board cousin. Using a Alex 32 I fully agreed to the Alex adaptability and open minded landscape for this, but its performance in the air was left to a slight breeze before noticing its performance faults.

I had thought of feeding that channel from the DX7 into the trainer port to my transmitter and trying to map it to AUX3 on my machine to stream its input in. Not sure if this is possible as well, but it would keep our hands on one transmitter only...

Is there a Futaba transmitter/ spektrum on the market that can take two diffrent Sbus/SAT's and control both of them as though its from two different transmitters and re-map the input say 4 for tilt to a new input of 'aux3'? Thats the only other thing I could think of is transmitter software option.

I would agree on dynamic moves as a two person scenario....

If we purchase a truck that is 3/4 ton for hauling heavier loads of rock for work. Its powerful, does the job should not we be able to load it with small loads of lumber as well when needed?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Depending on the transmitter you may be able to bind two RX's. Futaba and Graupner, not sure about Spectrum. So if you have a TX that has enough channels then you should be able to control both. More likely you will run out of the types of switches/rotaries that you need. And yes you can change the channel mapping on the MoVI to the setup you have on the TX. The Graupner MC-32 has the ability and with sliders and user changeable switches offers lots of possibilities.

Search the forum. There are many posts about dual RX setups.

5. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

I had thought the page 23 ish covered it very lightly and only mentioned it in one sentence. I will watch the gui video again and see where it talks about re-binding or if it does. I already have two RX's bound from the setup I am running. It ran fine doing it this way. I just need to study how to map the movi if that is possible it will be a 5 minute job then done. I would not use pan or roll. Just need tilt. Complex shots I would use a second person. I think I will only need to unplug a SAT from my RX that has two Sats' and plug on into the Movi.

Thanks.

-Cody

6. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie