/dist/images/branding/favicon

Rigging help

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Noel Mathew, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Noel Mathew

Noel Mathew Guest

Looking to replicate the rig used in the car scene from Straight Outta Compton, would appreciate any guidance.

#1 Noel Mathew, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
    Chris Pirone likes this.
  2. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Noel,

I have done this before. The carbon fiber handle bar cross tube is 25 mm OD. 1" is 25.4 mm I use a lot of 1" OD tubing that I get from Online Metals out of Seattle, WA. It is cheap and you can use a 6' length of it and replace your carbon cross tube with the aluminum tubing. Or you can attach the aluminum tubing to the carbon cross tube for a much quicker "build" time. Go to Wally World "Walmart" and buy one of the large pool noodles. Cut two pieces about 5" long and put them around the carbon cross tube out at the end next to the hand grips and strap the aluminum tubing to the top of the pool noodle. That is the quick and easy way. The hard part is getting two people walking with the Movi correctly so as to not cause undue bouncing up and down. I found that if one person is in the middle of their step while the other person's foot is hitting the ground it takes a ton of the vertical bouncing out of the movement. Now if you have to Movi operators that know how to walk with a Movi then they will be able to handle this with no issues.

Wayne Mann
    www.HeliCamhighdefmedia.com

Noel Mathew likes this.
  3. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question, but it seems that you could easily do this with the Toad-in-The-Hole.

Just screw a male Toad-in-the-Hole to a 2x4. Done?

4. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Noel,

Sorry for the late reply. No there was no noticeable flex with a 6' aluminum tube. To be clear I replaced the carbon cross "handlebar" tube with the aluminum tube. I have never tried the pool noodle idea that I gave you. I figured that you would be more comfortable doing that than replacing the carbon tube.

Wayne Mann
    www.HeliCamhighdefmedia.com