/dist/images/branding/favicon

RedRock Remote FF Calibration Issue.

Discussion in 'Follow Focus' started by Chris Daidone, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

So I picked up a remote follow focus bundle and have been testing it for a few days now. It had worked flawlessly. So last night we packed our equipment with the intent on using it on a paid shoot. Once on location we set it up exactly as we have during testing. However, we now cannot get the Base Station to calibrate. Below is the sequence of events... Maybe someone with more experience with this setup can provide some insight?

First off I'm using a FreeFly 2pin Lemo Cable to power the Base Station with a Movi Batter. I did replace the batteries in the handheld unit with fresh AA's prior to arriving on location.

I then powered up the Base Station. All the lights cycled, and then only the power light will flash for a few seconds, then go solid. With the power light solid, the motor light will start to flash.

I then powered up the handheld controller. It cycled through the lights, but when complete ONLY the power light is on... NOT wireless (which I understand will not come on until the calibration is complete).

So next step would be calibration. If I go with a manual calibration and press the up arrow button, I get no movement from the motor. I just get a contunous blinking light of both the up arrow red light and the blue motor light. I tried rebooting the system and going with the down arrow instead.... Same thing. If I try auto calibration, I once again get no movement from the motor, and I get the same two blinking lights.

I checked contact of motor and gear to ensure it wasn't too tight, and its not. I've triple checked all the cables, and their fine.... I even tried to change channels to see if interference was an issue.... Nothing. I wen't through the manual numerous times just to make sure I didn't miss a step. What am I missing???

Thanks in advance for any / all insight.

2. Aaron Grimes

Aaron Grimes New Member

Hey man did you ever resolve this?

I've used the unit before and it always worked great, however we just got a new model to replace an old one and I CANNOT get it to connect... the wireless indicator LED just turns off after a few seconds.

3. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

Same issue as Aaron..anyone have an answer to fix this?

4. Phil Macdonald

I think a client of ours is having this exact issue, any chance you found a solution to this? I know it was a while back.....

5. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

Hey Phil.

I had to send my equipment into Redrock because it was messed up from the factory. I would reach out to them, customer service was awesome and it worked great ever since.

Thanks!

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

This might be stupid and obvious, but you never mentioned in your sequence plugging the motor into the base station.