/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red Weapon and Alexa Mini MoVI Pro Camera Plates

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Fox, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hey Guys,

I hope you are as excited to get your hands on the MoVI Pro as I am!!

Top and Bottom.jpg
    These camera top and bottom plates fit both the Alexa Mini and the Red Weapon, and have the MoVI Pro dovetail integrated into the plates, which makes the camera to MoVI connection even stiffer.

The top plate picks up the standard Alexa Mini mounting holes, and two 1/4-20 or M4 holes on the top of the Red Weapon. It also has mounting holes on the front and top for the ARRI RMB-3 rod holder, if you need to attach it, or when using the camera hand held with the plates attached.

The bottom plate picks up the standard Alexa Mini mounting holes, and the 1/4-20 hole on the bottom of the Red Weapon, with the use of a 3/8 to 1/4-20 reducer in the front most hole of the Red Weapon, the bottom plate will pick up two mounting holes.

Both the top and bottom plate have a set of holes on the side that will pick up the BAP-2 plate for the Alexa Mini, or our lightweight carbon plate that will hold a Terradek Bolt/Parralinx and RT Motion, or other accessories that you may want to use. We have a side plate for the Red Weapon in development as well.

This set of plates are custom anodised red, however the standard colour is black, or one of 11 other colours for a custom set.

These parts are all made by me, from 6061-T651 aluminium, and I'm happy to make a set for you if would like them as well.

Bottom Plate with moVI rail holes.jpg Bottom Plate with Tripod holes.jpg Top and Bottom.jpg top plate with RMB-3 holes.jpg

Joshua Coté and Graham Futerfas like this.
  2. Iva Vel

Iva Vel New Member

Where are you based? I'd like to resell this in the UK/Europe if you're interested?

Chris Fox likes this.
  3. Steve Allanson

Steve Allanson New Member

Beautifully made- very handy

Chris Fox likes this.
  4. Chris Fanning

Chris Fanning Member

How much are you selling them for?

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a heads up, the dovetail has changed on the MoVI Pro, so I do not think these will work

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

They will work, as soon as our Movi Pro lands here in Australia, the design will fit ;)

Ben Ruffell likes this.
  7. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Hey Tabb, will you release the dimensions / measurements so that these awesome 3rd party manufacturers can get a head start on manufacturing?

(Red used to be a closed shop... look how great they got when they opened up...)

8. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

These look great! Weight and price?

9. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi All,

The weights of the plates are

Top Plate M5/M10/M15 dovetail - 67grams
    Bottom Plate M15/M10 dovetail - 98grams, Bottom Plate with M5 dovetail - 104grams So for the MoVi Pro dovetail we will be targeting a weight sub 100grams

I will confirm all weights on the final design as soon as our MoVI Pro arrives and we have the first set built.

Price wise I am working through the numbers at the moment, to see if we can make a "group buy" offering specifically to forum members with a couple of price break points. I will hopefully have this sorted out, and be able to post prices tomorrow.

In the interim, if this sounds like something you are interested in, then add your name to the thread, send me a message, or drop me an email. As it helps me to work out how much interest there might be and how hard I can push our material suppliers, and our anodising suppliers to push the price down.

Cheers
    Chris

10. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Just an update, we now have our MoVi Pro, the camera top plates fit perfectly, and I am just completing the design changes for the bottom plates. All things going well I will start on making the first batch of camera plates in the next week. There is a slight dovetail/chamfer on the MoVI Pro camera locking plate that makes it marginally different to the M5 plate. A camera plate for the MoVI Pro will fit on an M5, but not the other way around.

Cheers

Chris

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  11. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Interested in all of these for both cameras

Chris Fox likes this.
  12. Ken Schijf

Ken Schijf New Member

Interested :)

A top 15mm attachment would be useful too, for a motor. I find stronger motors preform better when top mouted - less likly to push themselves off the lens.

13. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Ken,
    There are mounting holes on the top plates to accept the ARRI RMB-3 rod holder both across the camera for a EVF when not in the MoVI and inline with the camera, for mounting FIZ motors to.

I am manufacturing these plates right now on the CNC mill, first batch off to be anodised this week.

It would be possible to do a version a rod mount integrated if this is preferable.

Cheers

Chris

14. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

15. Noah Stout

Noah Stout New Member

Hi Chris, did you end up making these for sale? Where can we find them?

16. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Chris Fox likes this.
  17. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Noah,

Yes we do make the top and bottom plates and a bunch of other parts

Top Plates are here and Bottom Plates are here

Cheers

Chris