/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red Epic W and which module for gimbal/aeriel work?

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Eirik Nicolai Heim, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Hi,

Just sent my trusted and beloved Red Epic Dragon for the trade in and will receive my Epic W in about a week or two.

When flying or handheld with the Movi M10:
    With my dragon, I used the Freefly carbon v-mount and slim IDX batteries or when needed a movi battery velcroed on the side of the Red to power the Red and another movi battery to power the rest of the set up.

I am now considering what would be the best module to use with the new DSMC bodies for gimbal work:

I originally ordered the DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander and thought I would buy the Jetpack expander for gimbal/aerial work. Would be nice with the cable angels that you get with the jetpack expander.

Now I am considering to just go with the DSMC2 Base Expander instead. It is actually even a lighter set up than the jetpack expander, but the cables will not be that nice and just buy a v-mount plate from wooden camera or something else. I am only using v-mount batteries and that is the reason for ordering the DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander in the first place.

Any user experience? Recommendations? I guess that the Red Epic W + DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander + slim IDX battery will not fit the movi m10?

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor