/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian and lanc cable

Discussion in 'Radian' started by kjetil tønnesen, Sep 28, 2014.

1. kjetil tønnesen

Hello
    i have a gimble with the radian system on it ,and i want to use this system for my inspections drone,and i want to use my sony 730 with the lanc cable to get zoom and start stopp recording on it.is it possible to setup this tru the radians,now a have a dx7 and a satelite reciver on it?
    can anyone explane to me how to setup this in the radian gui

and one more thing i cant get my radian gui to work on my pc win 8??amyone
    thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Kjetil:​
    To control the camera you will need an adapter that converts an RC servo into LANC protocol. Have a look at the Stratosnapper -- there are several folks selling it on the Web), eg. http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/un...ble-lanc-shutter-stratosnapper-2-p-40538.html
    As I recall it can use two separate RC channels -- each Radian has a "Aux" port that you assign to an RC channel (see the Radian manual for an explanation of this), so, for example you could assign Channel 5 to be the Aux port on the Roll Radian -- then you can assign Channel 5 on your transmitter to a switch (although I'm not sure you have too much flexibility on assigning RC channels to switches on the Spektrum DX7 -- but that's the principle of how it works).​
    As to getting the Radian application to work on Windows 8, can you be more specific as to what is not happening?​
    Can you also confirm that you see a COM port appear in the Device Manager when you plug in the USB cable from the Radian Adapter?​
    If you need more specific support you'll need to go back to your dealer, of course.​
    Andy.​

3. kjetil tønnesen

Hello again
    now i have start working with the lanc cable and radians
    i have now hooked up a sbus reciver to radian and i wounder if i shall setup the lance into the reciver or the radians??
    I have no bind the sbus reciver but i cant get the channels to work.nothing happens in the gui when i move the stick,what have i miss??
    I have check the cabelsetup and it looks rigth

i have this combi : https://www.mikrocontroller.com/ind...id=797&zenid=64253d012d4d8d962b0880904ca4d21f

do i need the strator snapper to get it to work?
    thanks

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the word "lance" -- could you explain?

Also, you say, "I have no bind the receiver..." -- did you mean "I have NOT bound the receiver," or "I have now bound the receiver?"

Clearly the first thing that you need to do is get the Radian configuration software showing the stick movements otherwise the Radian is not being controlled by the transmitter -- so that is the place to focus.

Can you post screen images of the Radian application software please?

Thanks
    Andy.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Kjetil -- if it would help you, please write in Norwegian and I will use Google Translate.
    Kjetil - om det ville hjelpe deg, kan du skrive på norsk, og jeg ønsker å bruke Google Translate.

Andy

6. kjetil tønnesen

haha
    jeg har bundet radio til motaker og alt ser ut til å virke fra radio til motaker,det som jeg ikke får til er å få opp stikkebevegelser i radian software.jeg har prøvd å krysse av for sbus i software men den vil liksom ikke bli avhuket,avhukingen forsvinner med en gang?!!

[AJL: Google translation]
    I have bound radio to recipients and everything seems to be working from the radio to the recipients, what I do not get is getting up arm movements in radian software.jeg've tried checking the SBUs in software but it will somehow not be ticked , remove the check mark disappears right away? !!

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The Sbus check box is not really for you to set! It's a status indicator. I mentioned this to the gentleman who designed the Radian, but it never got changed. It is confusing!

Andy.

8. kjetil tønnesen

ok
    i have tested with a servo into reciver and it is moving when i move stick,so the reciver is correctly bind to radio
    i have the futaba T14SG and R7008SB reciver?

what to do?

9. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Hello,

The Futaba 14SG and 7008SB comes default with their latest FASSTest version. For the Radians I believe you have to change it back to the older FASST version for the Radian SBus to recognize.

Cheers,
    Jeff

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think you're correct, Jeff.
    Andy.

11. kjetil tønnesen

12. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

For FASST/FASSTest System Type explanations and directions check out pages 74-75 in the Futaba 14SG manual.
    When I ran the MK Lanc cable to my 760 I had both servo wires plugged directly into the receiver with a 2 way switch for rec/stby and a 3 position switch for zoom in/off/zoom out.

Best,
    Jeff

13. kjetil tønnesen

how can you controll the zoom in and out with a 3position switch
    i thinkt maybe a coud use the throttlestick (left) to zoom with?is this possible?

14. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Switch selection is user preference. Back in the day I was flying my 760 solo on my CS6 so the 3 position switch validated that I was not zooming in or out/wandering when I was in the middle position.

Jeff

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah, I agree with you Jeff. I started out trying to control the zoom on the 760 using a rotary control and it was really hard center it exactly and avoid a "creep zoom" that was so slow that you didn't realize it was happening until it had already ruined the shot!

Andy.

16. kjetil tønnesen

i use the radian with a second cameramann for inspections off mountesides and bridges,the sony 730 and zoom funtions is perfeckt for the jobb,so we have use the left stick to zoom inn /out earlyer,but now we have change to futaba so this is new for me with radians and sbus,if it wil work,if not is is possible to go the old way and do the ppm setup! alot of servocables and stuff:)
    i dont want to change the fast system because i run the futaba radio on my movi m5 rigg also,so if i order a another reciver it wil work?

17. kjetil tønnesen

hello
    can anyone tell me if the futaba r7003sb rx will work with radian setup with sbus?