/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question for Freefly techies :)

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Fabien Deregel, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Fabien Deregel

Good afternoon,

some customers ask us to integrate a pyrotechnical parachute system to their Alta for French regulations oin a particular flight Scenario( S3 over 8 kg), with derogation ( exceptional authorisations).

In France, we have to instal a parachute and a circuit breaker or a proprietary ESC control module to turn the motors off.

May i askif theSynapse flight controller has regular PWM outputsto control the ESC's, and separate data transmission for temperature and others, in that case i ca install such module, orshall i install a MosFet circuit breaker on the main batteries ? I would like to avoid this in order to keep the flight controller with voltage feed to keep logs in case an emergency parachute deployment needs to be initiated.

Thank you very much,
    Fabien

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Fabien: I suspect the best (and fastest) method to get an answer to your question is to open up a support ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com).

You're asking a very interesting question -- so please post again when you get an answer.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Fabien Deregel likes this.
  3. Fabien Deregel

Thanks for your input Andy, i will do that and will keep you updated ;)

4. Fabien Deregel

Good afternoon,

i had an aswer from the FreeFly technical support team and here are the infos :
    - Freefly can not communicate on the way the ESC's are driven ( PWM / Can / SPI / I2C or combined). SOmething i will have to dig out on my own.
    - It is possible to put a MosFet circuit breaker on the main power line, and keep feeding the flight controller / receiver via the USB plug ( very nice trick, thanks FreeFly !) to keep the logs i case of a failure leading to a parachute deployment (i want to keep logs even if i kill the ESC's feed).
    - If my customer gives me a " go" I will design a very specific circuit in order to have a clean and safe integration for the safety unit, and might even put 2 x Mosfet modules ( one on each entry line). Goal is to have a fully and easy removable system when not needed or easy to transfer on a spare Alta if necessary by the operator, to avoid him to need 2 x complete safety set. Many cinema productions companies ask that you come with 2 complete machines to make sure you do not compromise the movie shooting schedule in case one machine fails for any reason ( pilot error, unexpected failure...).
    - Any results and tets ( videos) with simulated payloads will be posted here of course if e are requested to make the system :)

Best regards,
    Fabien

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for posting that information, Fabien.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert