/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan stiffness freaking out gimbal

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by DJ Anderson, Jun 22, 2017.

1. DJ Anderson

DJ Anderson New Member

Having issues with our Movi Pro. Once we manually balance the camera and turn it on, the motor balance shows everything is within the green. When we auto tune everything seems to work ok it it gets to pan. Here the gimbal starts vibrating heavily and once it finishes it swings violently to the left and bangs into the ring. The motor balance monitor shows the pan in the red jumping back and forth between the left and right. If we manually tune the pan to 0 it stops but as soon as we dial it up to 1, it swings to the left again. I'll post a video tomorrow when I get back to the office.

We were using the gimbal okay for part of the day. We tried getting it to work with the mimic and it would freak out so we gave up on it for now. But now we can't get the gimbal to work by itself.

Any ideas on what we could do to remedy the situation?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

With the motor only at 1, it will act weird like that. You need to bring Pan up much more. Try between 80 and 120 to start.

3. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Posting the video and showing every step you do would help. I also recommend loading default values in the beginning of the process. You can do this in the app. Go to Monitor>Terminal>Load Defaults