/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan axis twitches but only when very slow

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Dan Coplan, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

I have brushless motors on my tilt and roll but still use a Radian for the pan axis on my CS8. When panning very slowly there is a twitch but when I pan faster than 'very slowly' things seem ok. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the slow pan twitchiness?

Dan

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

try to lower your gains a little on your pan

3. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

Do you mean within the software or is there a way to make this adjustment through the radio? Spektrum Dx8.

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

In the software hook up the usb cable directly to the pan radian and adjust the settings that way. I normally hang my gimbal with a piece of rope then adjust.

you might also want to check your belt, it may have come loose over time.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It sounds like the pan belt may be a bit slack. I've seen what almost looks like a "wobble" rather than a twitch...

1. Push with a finger at the mid point between small and large pulley. You should only see about 2-3 mm of deflection.

2. Also check that the Allen head bolt that holds the small pulley to the servo is tight.

3. Finally, suspend the copter from the battery plate and hold one of the landing gear and the large pan pulley -- check to see that there is no "play" between the large pulley and the rest of the gimbal.

EDIT: Oh...also check all the clamps for the pan servo assembly -- anything not perfectly tight is a recipe for wobbling/twitching...

Andy.