/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan Angle Limits?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by James Aarestad, May 15, 2017.

1. James Aarestad

James Aarestad New Member

Hello Everyone!

I have a unquie application, requiring me to set pan angle limits. I know how to set the tilt angle limit in the app, but I don't see any way to set the pan angle limit. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks so much!

James

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You mean handheld? Or mounted to something? Trying to imagine how that would work or be applied.

If you're handheld, would you need it to stick between two compass headings?

3. James Aarestad

Thanks for the reply. It's mounted inside a compartment in a vehicle and I'm not getting any GPS signal, (I need GPS for this shot) so I'm extending the GPS antenna on the roof with a 4 foot extender cable. The car will be turning a lot and if I can't set pan limits the cable will get wound up. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you put the Movi in Fixed mount, it should follow the turning of the vehicle. Would that not work? Or is there a reason you need gps that I'm missing?

5. James Aarestad

We will be filming at high speeds and pulling many Gs so I need the GPS for good performance. (without the GPS, the horizon will drift while turning fast at high speeds)

I need the camera operator to be able to control pitch and pan remotely within the limits of the opening. Sorry, its hard to explain. Hope that kinda makes sense.