/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Ring with feet added

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Josh Hall, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Josh Hall

Josh Hall New Member

Hello all!

I know Freefly explains that the Movi Pro feet will NOT fit on the original Movi Ring, however I was curious if anyone has made their own feet, or sees a reason why this would not work.

Basically, right now, the Movi Pro ring is $900 (compared to $300) and a bit too much to shell out for right now for us. Also, the Movi Ring original is 2" less wide and less weight, and we want to be as low profile as possible. I'm thinking you could make some really stable feet at a shop or buy two large rod pieces to clamp onto the bottom via 25mm clamps. Has anyone tried this, or is there a reason this would not actually work?

The Movi ring vs Movi Pro ring are roughly almost the same size, so stability shouldn't be an issue right?

For the record, this is my first post here, and I just now bought a Movi M10 and am super excited to here from you all.

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

the feet are not for operation, just resting. well, i feel like some promotional material for movi pro may have suggested it could be for operation, but support said they are not.

u can rig up feet for resting if u want. careful though, even the company ones run risk of toppling over without careful consideration, id be hesitant to make my own. but for resting its nice

#2 SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hey Josh,

Feet are easy enough to make, you are on to it using some carbon rod and a bracket, for quick and easy. If you want something a bit fancier then they can be machined easily enough. If that is something you would like.

4. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Cinemilled has feet coming for the Movi Ring soon. I have the MoviPro Ring with the feet on my red and I can tell you it's just awesome to be able to set it down where you stand to rest!

5. lee seung kyu

lee seung kyu New Member

hello!
    i used dji ring(ronin). i bought at about $250. this ring is 25mm cabon
    Balancing very good!.

IMG_4380.JPG IMG_4374.JPG