/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro Airborne Bug ?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Laurent van Droogenbroeck, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Laurent van Droogenbroeck

Hi,

We received our new movi pro aerial bundle this week (monday morning) and we bound it with the movi controller (after we updated the movi controller of course).

The movi controller is bound in channel 1 and Group 14 and the Mimic is bound in channel 0 (and don't know where to see in which group).

So in Handled mode no problem we have the control of the movi pro with the movi controller in Kill, Majestic, and Dual mode. And if we connect the mimic he take the control of the pan, pitch and roll.

The problem is we need to take the movi pro on our alta 8 and need to go in AIRBORNE config.
    When we go to airborne we don't have anymore control on the pan, pitch and rool with the movi controller, we just can change mode (Kill, Majestic, Dual op). But no control, the motors are blocked (like a FPV Camera).
    Do we miss something with the config ?
    In Dual Op Airborne, the mimic is needed ? (like mimic for control R,P,P and movi controller for I,Z,F ?)
    Do i need to create a group with only the movi controller (and not with the mimic)?
    Can we fly in handled mode ? have you a idea for us ?

We have a movi 10 and a Alta 6, and with them we don't have the bug, in Airborne we can control the pitch and pan with the movi controler in Dual Op. In majestic only the pitch.

And for both system sorry if my question are stupid but how to take control of the roll ?

Movi Pro
    GCU 1.0.2
    STU 1.0.3
    ESC 1.0.0
    Motors 1.0.0
    Drives 1.0.0

Movi Controller
    FW 3.0.1

Tx

Laurent

2. Robbert van Weelderen

MIMIC beta could also only be used in Handheld mode and not in Airborne mode. I think this hasn't changed with MIMIC 2.0. Yes you can fly in handheld mode.

3. Laurent van Droogenbroeck

Ok can you confirm me this check list for a correct take off in handled mode (so because on Majestic or Dual Op mode the Atla 8 spin).

I just add these step for a secure take off and landing when the movi pro is on handled mode on the alta 8.

For take off

1 power on Movi controller set mode to kill
    2 power on movi pro
    3 Verify mode then go back in kill mode
    4 power on Futaba
    5 Power on Alta 8
    Take off
    Set Alta 8 to Positionning mode
    Set Movi pro to Majestic or dual op
    Operation ...

For landing

Before landing just kill the movi pro

tx for youre quick answer.

Laurent

4. Robbert van Weelderen

Yes, this is the correct procedure.

Only for landing you can either:
    - Land with the MOVI in Kill mode as you describe
    - Land with the MOVI in either Majestic or Dual Operator mode and kill the MOVI after landing. The Alta will start spinning but if you kill right after landing it won't spin very hard.

5. Laurent van Droogenbroeck

Tx Robbert tx

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

This was also discussed over at http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/spinning-alta.7390/#post-68251 (see Message #10 onwards).

Dylan wrote a good summary:

MOVI MODE: Hand-held
    Remote
    Majestic
    Kill (motors off)

MOVI MODE: Airborne
    Remote
    Airborne lock for take-off/land (motors on and holding steady)
    Kill (motors off)

Remember that if you switch between Hand-held and Airborne and do not write the settings to the MOVI it will reset to the last settings that were written to the onboard controller (so always check the mode prior to flight)

Hope this helps.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert