/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motor issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Anthony Shorten, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Anthony Shorten

Anthony Shorten New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that I can't find any info on for a fix. Recently we damaged our M5 gimbal and decided to use the frame cage from it to upgrade our M10. This meant removing the entire lower assembly of the M10 from the roll motor and tilt motor. When doing this we had not realised that the original motor position was critical as stated in the M10 cage upgrade PDF. So the motors original mounted position was never marked during disassembly. Now that we have the cage back together the tilt and roll motors constantly want to invert. We have tried removing the motor mounts that hold the cage to the motors to try and find the original orientation of the motor with no luck. No matter what position the cage is mounted to the motors we only ever get the same results where the roll and tilt axis spin uncontrollably.

I now assume that the motors are calibrated to the cage position from the factory and that the tilt and roll motors will need to be recalibrate by freefly themselves. Still waiting to here back from Freefly about this but was hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

This sounds like it merits an email to support@freeflysystems.com, Anthony....I suspect you may need FF"s assistance to get it sorted.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. James Aarestad

James Aarestad New Member

Hi Andy

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I took it apart and did not mark the original motor position. Have you had any luck on this?

Thanks

James

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

James: Did you mean to respond to me or to Anthony?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. James Aarestad

James Aarestad New Member

Andy, sorry, I meant to respond to Anthony

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

No sweat. I inferred you might have meant Anthony.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Tommy McMahon

Tommy McMahon New Member

Also having the exact same issue. Would love some help! Wish i had marked the damm motor properly!

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Tommy; I think you're probably going to need the assistance of FF Technical support so open a ticket with them by emailing to support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™