/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 on Pro Ring Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Bill Noel, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Bill Noel

Bill Noel New Member

i have installed an M5 on a Pro Ring...went through basic balancing and seems ok. But when I pick up the ring to operate, it drifts in a turn around the toad in a hole connector. What balancing procedure am I missing?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

There is a definite "front" to the M5 -- you need to make sure that the Toad Connector is oriented correctly when you clamp it on to the ring. I'm away from my studio right now and I cannot remember the correct orientation with respect to the clamp (sorry!) -- other than to remember if you get it wrong it points to what it thinks is front!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Chris Harrison likes this.
  3. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Bill,

I do not think Andy quite got you meaning. But, he is correct in that in Majestic mode when the mount boots up it will spin around on pan axis until it finds it's center, so to speak and you just have to keep unlatching the TITH and adjusting it until the mount boots up and stays pointing forward relative to the Ring. Once you have that sorted out and the mount has finished booting up if you pick it up and it starts drifting then you have other issues. There is nothing about the ring that would cause this that I can think of off the top of my head. If it doesn't do it with the normal handle bar then it shouldn't do it with the ring.

Does the Ring when sitting on the ground sit perpendicular to the ground or does it lean forward or backward causing the pan axis of the M5 to not be square to the horizon, so to speak? If it is leaning you might try holding the Ring so that it is perpendicular and boot the M5 up like that and see if that solves the issue.

Wayne Mann
    www.HeliCamhighdefmedia.com