/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Batteries

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Kevin Descheemaeker, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi to you all.

16x lipo battery pack and a replacement charger further we're still experiencing troubles with the Freefly battery and standard charger.

All our battery packs go to hell because the charger is not proper balancing and charging them. Every time we check the battery with a lipo battery checker we see troubles in the 3rd cell.

The support desk thought it was the charger, but we've received already a replacement on our original. It seems to be a known problem because batteries are the only Freefly product that have no warranty.

Is there somebody that also experience a lot of bad batteries?

Greetz
    Kevin

2. Brice Tholozan

Brice Tholozan New Member

yes and to be honnest now Im not using smaul batterie, I use bigger like 4000 4S or 5000 4s even if its litle bit heavy.
    when I check picture of configuration many people do that now.

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Interestingly, my two M10 charger having problem balancing the 3rd cell also.

I charge and balance them with my full size balancers. M10 and M5 batteries' discharge rate is not high, so when you connect too much accesory, they drain too fast.

4. gorges89

gorges89 New Member

Most new lithium packs have taps provided by the manufacturer. You can use to check individual cells. If you are having problem charging the pack as a whole then charge the cells individually. Be careful not to stick your voltmeter probes in the taps to measure voltage, it might slip and short your cell.

circuit board assembly

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Patrick Rebstock

Patrick Rebstock New Member

hey guys im looking to get a m5 battery to use for astro timelapse that will last a long time
    i have been using the akira firmware to use the movi like a timelapse head and i have killed my m5 battery because the voltage got too low, number 3 cell is super low.
    I want to be able to shoot longer, Most of the night so i can recover the setup in the morning and still have power.
    I know that the lipos will die if run down too low so my idea is get a battery that is big enough to last all night and not get too low.
    I called freefly today and they did not recommend using other batteries but when pressed they said you could use a battery with the exact same specs but larger capacity, AKA 4s 14.8v and 3c discharge continuous and 5c peak discharge
    Im not sure why the discharge rate is so important and why it is so low on the movi batteries, but i cant find a lipo with that low of a discharge rate, any suggestions of what battery to use?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

8. viya0414

viya0414 New Member

You can use to check individual cells. If you are having problem charging the pack as a whole then charge the cells individually.

PCBA Assembly Services

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Brian Bradley

Brian Bradley New Member

I'm looking for advice on powering my Epic-W. I've just purchased my first gimbal a used Movi M10. I'm looking for a power solution. The person I purchased the unit from. He said for his Epic Dragon. He was using the V-Lock Adapter Kit. My question is will this Adapter kit which is for the DSMC1 body style fit on the DSMC2 body style. If it doesn't does Movi make an updated adapter kit for the Epic-W body style? Because I didn't see anything on their store page.

11. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the side mount Freefly makes for RED Epic? This one?

https://store.freeflysystems.com/co...ucts/epic-vlock-adapter-kit?variant=543875057

It won't fit DSMC2 bodies. It was fairly specific to the Epic.

On the M10, I'm not sure if you'd have room to fit a battery on the back of the camera and still get it balanced, basically using a RED or Wooden Camera V-mount back module.

Your other option is to get a V-mount Handlebar Kit, put the battery on the handlebars, and drop a D-Tap cable to the camera: https://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/legacy/products/vlock-handlebar-adapter-kit

To test this out, you could also try Bongo-tie-ing batteries to the handlebar, if they have built-in D-Tap ports like my Global Media Pro batteries do. The handlebar battery kit takes up a lot of real estate on the handles, and if I recall correctly, doesn't allow you to turn the battery 90 degrees so it's less in-the-way. Running a power cable from the handlebars isn't ideal, and this of course assumes you're going hand-held and not aerial, but it takes the weight and size of the battery off the gimbal itself.