/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lens change auto tuning ?

Discussion in 'MōVI FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Kelvin Murray, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Kelvin Murray

Kelvin Murray New Member

Hi
    I've just received my first Movi 5. I'm really enjoying this new journey with this amazing tool.
    When I change lens and rebalance the camera do I need to re auto tune as well ?
    I've tried it without the auto tune but the M5 vibrates in an unhealthy way.

cheers
    kelvin murray

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Kelvin, if you're getting vibrations or oscillations, then you should re-auto tune. Or if you're in a hurry, you can try to do it manually with the motor stiffnesses. Also, you could try a lower auto-tune percentage and see how that works for you.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You'll find that the more you practice manually tuning, the more second-nature it becomes -- it will only take you about 20 seconds or so once you've got the hang of it (so to speak :) ).

But Graham is correct, you can "get away with it" using stiffness, but it's far better to have the MoVI's payload in dynamic balance -- otherwise you're asking the gimbal controller to use power unnecessarily to drive the motors harder to keep the payload stabilized.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.