/dist/images/branding/favicon

landing gear - what are you using?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Bryan Harvey, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

The "grass hooks" that come with the MR don't seem like the best design, so wondering if anybody has a good solution. I had the rubber tires on my Radian gimbal, but those wont provide enough ground clearance on the MoVI. Post some pics if you have something!

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Bryan, it was explained to me by somebody that the rubber wheels we've all been using are a bad idea in the air, as they act as little sails, and being out near the props, can cause quite a bit of disturbance to the gimbal. I've tried to wrap a small piece of silicone kitchen mat material (my new favorite McGyver material) around the "hook" as you call it, and it does the trick. Somebody should make a set of 3 "socks" made from silicone. :D

Michael McVay and MIke Magee like this.
  3. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

5. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Here's my solution. It's a set of DJI retracts that I have widened and extended and it works brilliantly. It does add a bit of weight to the whole setup (about 1.5kg) so not perfect but with 32kg of thrust on my rig, it doesn't affect it too much! The joy about this is that the Movi is actually on a quick release system so I can take it off these legs and place it on the handle bar in under 20 secs! Either that or I can quickly swap out the Movi and put on my GH3/Zenmuse gimbal in the same time.

Attached Files:

6. Sam Leggett

Sam Leggett Member

Ah Angus I love the sound of your change over time! That is something I would love - but I don't know if I love it enough to cope with the 1.5kg weight penalty! Flying a C300 with our 10Ah 6s batteries gives 12 mins of flight time... I think that extra weight would bring it down to under 10 mins...