Futaba FIZ/Run Stop

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Rob Weidner, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Hey everyone, I'm looking to develop a simply FIZ control using the Movi Pro bottom plate and my Futaba 14SGA as well as run stop capabilities. I know the basics of API/Arduino/RC controllers and thinking it should be possible using one of the futaba radio's channels, into the COMM1 port on the Movi and eliminate the need of an on-board arduino. Anyone have any luck doing this or guidance would be insanely epic. I do aerial work so I need the range on the futaba, and don't want to use the mimic.

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

COM 1 on Pro and XL is reserved for MōVI type of controllers; MōVI Controller, MIMIC, Freefly API

You can configure COM 2 to use futaba by connecting to app and changing Radio Type under Dual Op configurations. COM 2 also ignores all FIZ input, meaning you cant use futaba to control fiz directly.

What you can do is use futaba as a bridge. Build a custom receiver that plugs into com1. It should receive futaba commands and convert them to API inputs to MōVI..

3. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

So I don't use any of those devices at the moment, so if I want to change my futaba to COM1 and get API access would there be any harm??

Not ideal.

That's what I was thinking. Take another sbus out on the futaba radio, go into an arduino or something similar, then into the com1 port, but this seems like it is overkill when I have a controller built in to the futaba...

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

I don't understand this question. MōVI will not accept any futaba commands through COM1. As I said, only MōVI type controllers on COM1.

seems like it is overkill when I have a controller built in to the futaba...
    • You are still fully utilizing the controller built in to the futaba. It is acting as your long range link. Then another controller (ex: arduino), can translate those into pointing + fiz commands. I don't think there is any way.